Chapter 3..."Seeing Mom"...

~THAT EVENING~

Zak had left to meet up with Aaron, Nick, Billy and Jay to get ready for their next lockdown no sooner after hugging and kissing Christa that afternoon. Zak didn't want to leave but Christa had made him go. She wanted some time for herself.

She had spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and taking Gracie on a walk. She finally settled down for the evening to watch some TV. She had made a bag of popcorn. Gracie had lay down by the couch at Christa's feet. Gracie had grown protective of Christa since she and Zak begun dating. Every time, Zak wasn't home, Gracie had become Christa's shadow. As Christa finally settled on a movie on HBO, Christa had begun to think about her own childhood.

She didn't have it easy. Her father, Martin, had abusive. He had been verbally, emotionally and physically abusive to her mother, Louise. Christa and her brother, Oliver aka "Ollie", had often witnessed this taking place. Martin had often verbally abused his own children. Martin was a heavy drinker which lead to the abuse. When Christa was 14 and Ollie was 12, Martin had shot and killed Louise in a fit of rage. Than he had turn the gun on himself and committed suicide. Christa and Ollie were sent from their home in Sidney, Montana to just outside of Portland, Oregon to live with Louise's parents, George and Marie Cox. George and Marie ran a small farm. Ollie had the hardest time dealing with the death of his parents. His grandparents had sent him to see a therapist. But he still had a hard time. When Christa was 16, she had begun seeing shadows. Shadows in her bedroom and around the house. Just shy of her 17th birthday in February 2000, she had seen the ghost of her mother standing in her bedroom. Christa had become friends with Amy Goodwin and become closer friends with her brother, Aaron. In June 2001, Christa turned 18 and graduated high school. She had gotten use to seeing her mother around the house by this time and told no one about it. In July 2001, Ollie, than 16, was found at a friend's house, dead by a drug overdose. He had left a note saying he still couldn't handle the deaths of his parents and what his father had done. Christa had gone to school so she could help others like her brother. She threw herself into her work. By 21, she was living in Las Vegas, Nevada sharing an apartment with Aaron. She had become friends as well with Nick Groff and Zak Bagans as they and Aaron began their Ghost Adventures adventure. She often helped them with evidence and often with them on locations. When she and Zak begun dating in May 2011, she had opened up to Zak about her childhood and her experiences. They had grown close and Zak had helped Christa with a sense of healing process. She felt happy for once with her life. Content in fact. And now, with the baby on the way, she was excited for the future.

All of sudden, Gracie stood up off the floor, and looking towards the doorway of the living room, she starting barking like crazy. Christa sat up from the couch and looked towards the door. She saw a white shadow that began to form. Shocked, Christa realized it was her mother. She hadn't seen her mother since she left Oregon.

Christa's mom began to speak. Christa heard her mom say "I love you, sweetie. I'm proud of you. I know you will be a great mother. But please be careful. You'll lose the baby".

Zak had just pulled in the driveway and slammed his car door when the ghost of Louise disappeared.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needed to update. Thought I would give a background info on what happened to Christa's mother and brother since in the last chapter, Christa had wished her brother and mother were there to see the baby.

Until the next time.

Grace