Chapter 5....

~ZAK'S P.O.V~ON THE WAY HOME~

Zak still felt angry and frustrated. Nick of all people! Zak didn't know why Nick had gotten so angry with him. Of all people, Zak thought Nick would be the most happiest about the expect arrival of Zak's and Christa's baby. Being a father himself and all.

Zak agreed that he had been a "player" before Christa. He didn't find a girl who he couldn't settle down with. But with Christa, everything changed. Not only Christa sexy, she was the most caring, loving, beautiful person he ever met. Christa accepted him for who and what he was. Even with all his faults. Christa was always willing to help take care of him in ways that made Zak feel loved. Like a wife towards and for him. Zak felt content and complete with Christa. And for the first time in his life, Zak started to consider settling down and asking Christa for her hand in marriage.

Aaron, Jay and Billy had agreed to talk to Nick and let Zak know what was said. They were all in shock over Nick. They always had been family and welcomed Christa into the mode with open arms. They always treated Christa like one of the guys.

Lost in thought, Zak didn't hear his phone ring until it rang again. Putting it on speaker, Zak said "Hello".

"Hey, Zak. It's Billy." said Billy.

"Hey, Bill. Wassup?" answered Zak.

"The guys and I spoke with Nick. And, well, I don't know how to say this." said Billy.

"Just tell me. I want to know." said Zak.

"Well, Nick, apparently, doesn't feel like you should be fathering a child because he doesn't think that you and Christa will last" said Billy.

"What?! He told you guys that?! That's the most crazy thing I ever heard! Where did he get an idea like that?" asked Zak.

"We have no idea. He refused to tell us why he thought that. He walked out on us after we keep pushing him" said Billy.

"Well, thanks, Bill, for telling me" answered Zak.

"No problem. Congrats again, dude!" said Billy.

"Thanks, Bill. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow." said Zak.

"Okay. Bye" said Billy.

"Bye,Bill" said Zak.

As he hung up the phone, Zak was already pulling into the driveway. He saw the living room light on.

Turning off the car, Zak sighed. He felt drained. He got out of the car, slammed the car door, and went into the house.

Setting the keys on the hallway table, Zak called out "Christa! I'm home!"

Gracie running out of the living room whimpering. Petting her head, Zak said "Hey girl! Where's Christa?" Gracie turned around and ran back into the living room. Zak followed Gracie into the living room.

There sat Christa sitting on the couch with her knees tucked under her chin, rocking back and forth, sobbing.

"Christa! What happened?! cried Zak as he ran over to her.

As Zak wrapped his arms around Christa, Christa sobbed harder.

 In between tears, Christa said "I saw my mom. She said that the baby won't make it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ending it here for now.