Chapter 12....Moving Forward...With Unexpected Happiness...

In the months following Alex's death, was the hardest for Christa and Zak. Zak was needed to go back to work with the Travel Channel and "Ghost Adventures". When he was home, both Christa and Zak went to see a couples counselor. Christa had spent 2 weeks in Oregon with her grandparents, who by then, were well in the 80's.

In August 2011, Christa decided to rejoin Zak and the rest of the crew on the road. She was feeling better and was getting tired of staying in Las Vegas. Towards the ending of August, Zak and Christa decided to try for another baby. Both still wanted a child.

On November 16th,2011, what would have been Alex's first birthday, Christa went to see Dr. Moore. Zak had been at the GAC offices and was unaware that Christa had gone to see Dr. Moore.

Christa was sitting on the bed, nervous when Dr. Moore walked in. Smiling at Christa, Dr. Moore said "Why, hello, Christa!"

Christa smiled back as she asked "So, do you have the results?"

Dr. Moore smiled as she said "Excited aren't we?"

Christa smiled as she said "I am, actually!"

Dr. Moore said "Well, sweetie, you're pregnant! Again! But I have even better news!"

Looking slightly confused, Christa asked "Better news?"

Dr. Moore nodded as she said "You're expecting twins!"

Christa's mouth dropped opened as she asked "Are you sure?"

Dr. Moore nodded as she said "Yes. Positive. Let's do a sonogram and I'll show you."

Dr. Moore set up the things she needed and sure enough, there on the monitor was 2 little beings with 2 different heartbeats beating away.

Walking out of the office when her appointment was over, Christa called Zak.

"Hey, baby. Wassup?" answered Zak.

"Hey, honey. Ummm, I just came from the doctor's and I got some news." said Christa.

Worried, Zak asked "The doctor's? What's the matter? What's wrong? Why didn't you tell me you were going to the doctor's?"

Smiling at Zak's worry, Christa said "Relax, hon. You're going to be a daddy, again!"

Zak was silent for a moment before he asked "Are you sure?"

"Positive. And guess what?" said Christa.

"What?" said Zak.

"We're having TWINS!" said Christa.

Zak let out a yelp as Christa heard the guys in the background asking Zak what was wrong.

Zak shouted to the guys "Christa's pregnant! We're having twins!"

Christa smiled as she heard cheers and shouts of "Congratulations" in the background.

Coming back to the phone, Zak asked "So, is this Alex's birthday gift to us?"

"I guess it is. I guess he wanted us to be happy and made sure he gave us a double happiness!" said Christa.

"When are we due?" asked Zak.

"August 14th,2012" said Christa. "But the doctor said it's common for twins to arrive a week or so early." added Christa.

"I'm almost done here. But as soon as I can, I'll meet you at home, okay, sweetheart?" said Zak.

"Ok, come home soon, okay?" said Christa.

"I will" said Zak.

Hanging up and smiling a real smile for more than a year, Christa looked up towards the sky and smiled. She had hoped that her mom and brother were looking down and smiling as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~LATER ON THAT AFTERNOON~

Christa had gotten home before Zak and started to make them dinner. Just when Christa turned off the stove for the spaghetti, Zak walked into the door.

Walking into the hallway to meet Zak, Christa said "Hey, baby."

Zak, seeing Christa, smiled and rushed over to her. Placing both hands on Christa's face, Zak lean in and gave Christa a deep, passionate kiss. Which Christa responded to by wrapping her arms around Zak's hard waist and kissing him back.

After a few moments of kissing, Christa pulled away and asked "What was that for?"

Wrapping his arms over her shoulders and pulling her close, Zak said "For letting me become a dad again. For letting me be with you. For not leaving me after Alex."

Smiling, Christa kissed Zak's chin and whispered "Well, I'm never going to leave this time!"

"You better not." Zak whispered.

Christa laughed as Christa said "I won't as long as you won't."

Zak shook his head as he said "Never."

Christa said "Well, I made dinner if you're hungry."

She pulled out of Zak's arms as Zak placed his arm on Christa's waist as he followed Christa to the kitchen.

Gracie came running into the kitchen and greeted Zak.

Christa smiled as she watched Zak play with Gracie.

"Hate to bother you but if you look on the table, you can see our babies' first picture." said Christa.

Looking up at Christa, Zak said "Smartass" as he walked over to the table.

Christa smiled as she grabbed some plates for their food. Out of the side of her eye, she saw Zak pick up the sonograms and looked them over. She could see him smiling.

Looking up at Christa, Zak said "Hey, let me get that."

Zak came over to her and starting grabbing their plates and set them on the table. Besides the spaghetti, Christa had made salad and garlic bread.

Leaning against the counter, Christa said "I told your mom. She said she's going to let everyone else know and she wants you to call her."

Smiling as he walked over to Christa, he wrapped his arms around her waist as he said "Huh, you thought of everything, didn't you? Dinner, called my mom. What else did you plan?"

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Christa said "Loving you like it was the first time all over again."

Zak smiled as he kissed Christa.

Pulling away, Zak said "Well, I'm hungry! Let's not get the food get cold."

Christa smiled and said "Well, I'm hungry too! Plus, I'm eating for 3 now anyway!"

Zak laughed and said "Well, I guess you outrank me with that!"

It was Christa's turn to laugh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Not the best of updates but I wanted to give an update to this story. Hope you enjoy it!