Chapter 7...At The Doctor's Part 1....

The drive had been nerve-wrecking for Zak as he drove to the doctor's with Christa. He didn't know what to expect. He smiled at himself as he thought if it had to do with being a first time father. He stole a glance at Christa. She was staring out the passenger side window. Her auburn brown hair falling in her face.

Zak still could clearly remember the day he had met Christa. He had met her the second time he met Aaron. He actually thought Christa was Aaron's sister. She was dressed in sweats and had just come from the gym. Something that he liked too. Not too long after their first meeting, they had begun dating and going to the gym together. Which Zak had liked. When his mom first met Christa, she had pulled Zak aside and told him not to mess up with Christa. His mom adored Christa and found her to be a comforting presence in Zak's already crazy life. Zak had agreed. After all the girls he had dated, Christa was the best thing that ever happened to him/

As he turned back to face the road, Christa smiled. She caught Zak looking at her but didn't want to look back at him. As she felt Zak's hand and arm rest on her thigh, she slipped her hand into his.

Christa felt as nervous as Zak did. She didn't know what to make of it all. She felt excited and nervous at the same time. She had called her grandmother, Marie, before leaving for the doctor's. Marie, at 85, was just as strong as ever in her old age and was overjoyed over the news of the baby. Marie had become a second mother to Christa after the death of Christa's own mother. When Christa told Marie about Louise "visiting", all Marie had said was "Be careful".

Christa sighed as Zak pulled into the parking lot of the medical clinic. Her nervousness went overboard.

Zak turned the engine off and turned to face Christa. Squeezing her thigh, he asked "You ready?"

Shaking her head, she said "No. Can we go home instead and after all this?"

Zak smiled and laughed softly. "I wish. But the sooner we get this over with, we'll go to dinner or something after, okay?" said Zak.

Christa smiled and said "Ok. Dinner sounds good."

Both of them got of the car and Zak held the door to the clinic opened for Christa.

A blonde receptionist greeted them, saying "Hi, welcome! Checking in?"

Christa nodded as she walked over to the counter.

The receptionist smiled as she said "I'm  Amanda. I'll be checking you in. Can I have your name?"

"Christa Stephenson. I have a 3 o'clock appointment with Dr. Moore". said Christa.

Amanda nodded as she looked up the information on her computer. She glanced up and said "I've checked you in, Ms. Stephenson but I need you to fill out these forms before you're seen by the doctor."

Christa nodded as she took the forms from Amanda and turned to go sit next to Zak. Zak was checking out Twitter while Christa filled out the forms. Just as she finished up the forms, her own IPhone beeped. Handing the forms to Zak, she said "Can you turn this in for me, please, babe?"

"Sure" said Zak as he stood up.

Christa took out her IPhone to find a text from her best friend in Oregon, Sarah Rutherford. It simply said "Got a call from Grandma Marie. Congrats on the news!" Smiling to herself, Christa sent a text back saying "Thank you! I'll text you later. At the doctors to get the news confirmed."

Christa and Zak spent the next few minutes playing on their phones while they waited. Both knew that it was nerves that kept them from talking to each other.

After what felt like forever, a nurse came into the waiting room and called Christa in. Christa grabbed Zak by the hand so he would follow her into the room.

The nurse got her weight, vitals and information before putting them into a room.

Zak watched as Christa sat the edge of the bed with her legs crossed and shaking her legs. He smiled as he said "Nervous much, Chrissy?"

Christa looked at him and said "Not funny. And yes, I AM nervous!"

Standing up from the chair he was sitting on, smiling as he walked over to her, he wrapped his arms around her, kissed her forehead and as he rested his chin on the top of her head, whispered "Me too."

Christa wrapped her arms around Zak's waist and held him tight. She didn't felt like letting him go. He had been her rock for so long and if there was ever a moment she needed him, it was that moment.

They stayed in that position until the doctor walked in a few minutes later.

Dr. Moore smiled at the sight of them. She knew that from the look on each of their faces, they were nervous. She smiled and as she went to shake Christa's hand, said "Why, hello, Christa! I'm Dr. Moore". Turning to Zak, extending her hand, said "And you must be the expectant father?"

Zak nodded as he shook her hand, saying "I'm Zak".

Dr. Moore smiled as she said "Well, it's nice to meet the both of you! Before we do anything, I just want the both of you to know that I'm going to try to make this as pleasant as possible for the both of you as much as I can okay?"

Zak and Christa both nodded.

Dr. Moore smiled and said "Ok, let's get started".

Dr. Moore had Christa lay back on the bed so she could feel Christa's stomach and do the pelvic exam as well as a pat smear.

After finishing the pat smear, Dr. Moore told Zak and Christa that she was going to an ultrasound to look for the baby.

Zak had slid the chair closer to the bed and grabbed Christa's hand while the doctor was doing the exam. When the doctor starting the ultrasound, he was in the perfect position to see everything on the monitor.

Dr, Moore smiled as she pointed to the screen. "Well, you're definitely pregnant, Christa! There's the baby and the baby's heartbeat" said Dr. Moore.

Both Zak and Christa watched as Dr, Moore pointed at the tiny flicker on the screen for the heartbeat.

Christa turned to Zak with tears forming in her eyes. She smiled as Zak smiled back.

The baby had looked like a tiny peanut shaped.

Dr. Moore looked at Christa and asked "When did you say your last period was?"

Christa said "About 5 weeks or so ago. I'm not quite sure".

Dr. Moore nodded as she looked back to the screen and checked the chart that was taped to the screen. She said after a bit "Well, it looks like you're about a month pregnant. That would make your due date....February 15th."

Christa stole a glance at Zak who smiled.

Dr. Moore said "Well, let's clean you up and when you're done getting dress, come to my office so we can go over your care".

Christa nodded as the doctor walked out.

Sitting up, Christa said "Did you see the baby?"

Smiling, Zak said "I sure did!"

He wrapped his arms around her waist as she dropped her arms around his neck. He leaned in and kissed Christa hard. Christa kissed him back just as hard.

Zak pulled away and bent to the level of Christa's stomach. Lifting up her shirt, Zak said "Hey, kiddo! Can't wait to meet you!"

Christa laughed as Zak started kissing her stomach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to leave comments, vote and whatnot!

Until the next time......