Chapter 19....A Homecoming Part 2....

~LUNCH TIME~

Zak, Christa, and Jeanne were in the kitchen having lunch. Zak was holding Savannah in his lap. Christa, who was sitting next to Zak, was holding Carson. And Jeanne was sitting across from the 4 of them.

Zak was making Savannah giggle by playing with her which Carson was cooing and giggling as he watched Zak making Savannah giggle. Christa smiled as she leaned over and kissed Carson's fine wispy black hair.

Jeanne smiled as she watched Christa, Zak, Carson and Savannah. Jeanne sighed as she put down her water glass.

Glancing at Jeanne, Zak asked "What?"

Looking up at Zak and then back at to Christa before turning back to Zak, Jeanne said "You two are so good with Carson and Savannah."

Glancing at Christa, who smiled at him, Zak turned back to Jeanne as he said "Thanks, Mom."

Glancing at both Christa and Zak, Jeanne said "Meredith and I were talking last night."

Laughing, Zak said "When aren't you two talking, Mom?"

Covering her mouth, Christa laughed.

Jeanne raised her eyebrows as she said "Zachary."

Looking at Christa, Zak said "Sorry, Mom." 

"We were talking about letting you two have a break from the twins." said Jeanne.

Looking at Jeanne, Christa asked "What do you mean giving us a break?"

Jeanne said "Well, you two barely have time for each other. You guys spend all your time taking care the twins. And barely enough time for each other."

Zak said "But Carson and Savannah are our children. That's what we should be doing. Taking care of our children."

Smiling gently at Zak, Jeanne said "That's true, sweetie. But you guys need time for yourselves too."

Christa asked "So, what?"

Smiling at Christa, Jeanne said "Meredith and I would love to have Carson and Savannah over for a couple of days so you two can spend some time together."

Christa stood up because Carson was getting fussy. Bouncing Carson, Christa looked at Zak who was looking at Christa.

Zak raised his eyebrows as he asked "So, what do you think?"

Christa shrugged as she said "It would be nice."

Zak smiled as he nodded, saying "Yeah, it would be nice."

Looking back at Jeanne, Zak said "Well, Mom, you and Mere can have Carson and Savannah for a couple of days."

Jeanne squealed with delight. She stood up saying "Great! I'll call Meredith!"

Christa smiled as she watched Jeanne leave the room to call Meredith.

Turning back to Zak laughing, Christa said "Your mom and sister are too much!"

Zak laughed as he stood up readjusting Savannah over his shoulder. He nodded as he said "They could have just asked!"

Christa laughed as Zak came up to Christa.

Leaning over, Zak kissed Christa on the lips. Christa kissed him back.

Savannah started to fuss so Zak and Christa exchanged the babies.

Sitting back down, Christa lifted up to breast feed Savannah. Even thou, Savannah liked the bottle better, she did take the breast from time to time.

Craddling Carson in his arms, Zak leaned on the kitchen counter. Looking at Christa, Zak said "She's right, thou."

Looking up at Zak, Christa said "About what?"

"About us not having enough time together." said Zak.

Christa smiled as she asked "Oh? What about the night before you left to go back to work? When we made love in your office? And what about this morning when you came home and we made love, yet again on the couch?"

Zak laughed as he said "You make it sound like that's all we do is make love. Like it's a bad thing."

Christa smiled as she looked at Savannah than back at Zak before she said "Well, we do make love a lot."

Zak smiled at Christa as he asked "When was the last time we actually had just us time? Just Zak and Christa time?"

Christa shrugged as she looked back at Savannah, who was about done eating. Looking at Savannah, Christa said "I don't remember."

Zak sat across Christa as Savannah let go from Christa's breast. Lowering her shirt back down, Christa started to burp Savannah.

Zak placed his hand on Christa's thigh and as he squeezed it, he said "Baby."

Christa looked up at Zak. She said "What?"

"I love you so much." said Zak.

"I love you too." said Christa.

Smiling, Zak said softly "I think it will be good. Just us for a couple of days."

Christa nodded as she said "I think so too."

Zak smiled as he leaned in and kissed Christa on the lips.

Just then, Jeanne walked in. She said exciting "Give me those babies! I'll go take them upstairs to pack. Meredith is coming over. We're taking the babies this afternoon."

Grabbing a twin in each arm, Jeanne took Carson and Savannah upstairs.

Zak sighed as he stood up. Grabbing his plate and Christa's he took them to the sink. Christa stood up to grab Jeanne's dishes and took them over to the sink too.

Zak wrapped his arms around Christa's waist from behind. Sighing, he kissed Christa's collarbone.

Christa wrapped her arms around Zak's arms as she asked "You okay?"

Zak said "Yeah."

Turning around to face Zak, Christa wrapped her arms around Zak's neck.

"Are you sure? You look like you've got something on your mind." said Christa.

Zak wrapped his arms around Christa's waist as he said "I'm sure. I'm just happy that we get to spend some time together."

Christa smiled as she leaned in to kiss Zak. Zak pressed hard on Christa's lips kissing her back.

Zak pulled away and said softly "So, what do you want to do for the next couple of days?"

Christa smiled as she shrugged. She said "I don't know. You got any ideas?"

Zak smiled as he said "I don't know."

Christa smiled as she said "We're figure something out. We always do."

"Yeah, we do." said Zak.

Christa nodded as she said "We do."

"Well, I do have to meet up with the guys tomorrow to go over the recordings later. You want to come?" asked Zak.

"Sure. Why not?" said Christa.

Zak smiled as he said "Well, we could always make love again if you want to do that instead."

Christa slapped Zak in the chest as she said "Always about making love!"

Zak laughed as he pressed his lips against Christa's lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~AUTHOR'S NOTE: JUST WANTED TO GIVE A LITTLE UPDATE! HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!!!!~