mystery girl

Blake's POV-

I woke up the next morning with a girl sleeping next to me, and to be honest I had to look back at my phone to remember who she was. I regretted it, I regretted sleeping with this girl just to get my mind off of Emma and I didn't want Emma to find out. I had to get her out of here and get ready for the game. I woke her up and walked her out to her car and just my luck, someone had tipped off the paparazzi that there was a girl here and all I could hear and see were people and cameras at the end of my driveway. I ran back inside hoping we didn't get photographed together but I knew we did.

I had a couple hours before I had to meet the team at the staples center for the game, so I jumped in the shower to clean up.

Emma's POV-

I slept later than usual, but I couldn't stop thinking about Blake last night so I was up for a while. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I liked the "date" he took me on the other night. I was so excited for the game tonight and couldn't wait to see him again. I rolled over in bed and grabbed my phone to scroll through my twitter, facebook, etc.

I opened up facebook and had 12 new messages, I was so confused, so I opened my messenger app. People had sent me links and pictures and rude messages.

"I knew you were lying about Blake. Why would he want you?"

"Lmao looks like your boy toy didn't want you anymore."

It went on and on and people had sent me pictures of Blake with another girl from this morning. I had no right to be upset, I had seen him 2 times. We weren't dating or anything. But no matter how many times I told myself not to get feelings, I did and this hurt.

iMessage

Saturday 12:32 pm

Emma: shelb, when are you coming back?

Shelby: Tomorrow night, wanna hang?

Emma: definitely.

I needed my best friend right now, I needed someone to talk to and I did not want to get out of bed today.

I always got attached to people too fast and I wish I wouldn't have got attached to Blake. My phone buzzed and I wasn't expecting it too.

iMessage

12:47 pm

Blake: i'll be looking for you tonight beautiful

I didn't reply. I did not want to talk to him and the fact that he called me beautiful? He had to know his pictures were all over the internet and that I saw them.

...

I still wanted to go to the game, regardless if Blake was there or not, games took a lot off my mind, plus I wanted to stuff my face and why not do that with over priced basketball food?

On my way there the traffic was horrible and people on the radio kept talking about "Blake Griffin's Mystery Girl." By the time I got inside the arena I was annoyed and hungry and just wanted to get some food and get to my seat.

I grabbed a soft pretzel and some candy and made my way to my seat. The team was out doing warm ups and I was praying that Blake didn't notice me. My seats were across from the bench, about 3 rows up, so I was unfortunately pretty noticeable.

I sat there eating my pretzel watching JJ hit three's and Austin was out doing layups. I noticed Blake run out on the court but he went back to the bench and then ran back towards the locker room. My phone buzzed.

iMessage

Saturday 6:37pm

Blake: you look cute eating pretzels

Emma: thanks lol

Blake: what's the matter?

Emma: shouldn't you be focusing on your game, not me?

He didn't reply and I was glad. A few minutes later he ran back out, I could tell he was trying his hardest not to look in my direction. I laughed to myself and continued eating and messing around on my phone.

...

Two minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Clippers were beating the Wizards, 113-99.

When the game was over I stayed in my seat as usual. I didn't care about what happened with Blake, I wasn't giving up my favorite part of coming to these games.

"I thought I'd see you here." John, the usher, said as he watched the rows of people leaving.

"You know it." I wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone but John didn't do anything wrong so I tried to hold a conversation.

"Are you ever going to get tired of staying hours after these games?"

"No way. You should try it some time, it's pretty amazing actually."

"You are a dork, Emma. Have a good night."

"You too. Tell the wife and kids hi for me."

The security guards came through and did their final sweep and told me to have a good night, and then it was just me. I started reading a book, consumed by the quietness of the arena and the book I was reading I didn't even notice when he walked out.

"Emma.. Emma?"

I snapped out of the trans my book put me in and said, "Oh, hey Blake. What's up?"

"Look I know why you've been short with me all day. I'm sorry. I just want to exp-"

"Blake, I'm sorry I need to go." I said and grabbed my things, running up the stairs, trying to get away from him as fast as I could, but I heard his steps behind me. He grabbed my arm to stop me and I turned around.

"Emma, you don't understand."

"Blake, a girl was leaving your house this morning and she looked pretty satisfied, I understand."

I sarcastically laughed at him and pulled myself from his grip and kept going up the stairs. We weren't dating, we barely knew each other, why were we even having this argument?

"I just couldn't stop thinking about you okay, I wanted to get you off my mind. I'm not good when it comes to things like this. I didn't want to hurt you."

I didn't say anything back but I knew he was still running after me, he grabbed my arm again to stop me.

"Blake let me go, I don't want to talk to y-"

Before I could finish my sentence he cut me off, bent down, put my face in his hands and kissed me, hard. I was upset with him, really upset with him, but I kissed him back. Something happened when we kissed each other, maybe it was that cheesy "spark" everyone talks about, I don't know, but I liked it and I knew I shouldn't.