utah

Game 3 of the playoffs was in Utah, it was the morning before the game which meant Blake would be leaving in a couple hours. Somehow, Blake, Chris and JJ all convinced Doc to let me, Jada and Chelsea ride on the team plane with them. I didn't know how well it was going to work, trying to fit three extra people on there, but I didn't complain. I still hated flying and being surrounded by friends and Blake would make it a lot easier for me.

We had been awake for a couple hours and I was sitting in bed studying for my finals the next week, while Blake was walking back and forth from the bathroom to the closet trying to make sure he had everything packed. I swore he was worse than a girl sometimes when it came to stuff like that.

Every once in awhile I would look up from my laptop and smile at his pacing.

"What time do we have to leave, babe?" I asked, he stopped mid pace.

"I think we should leave in an hour. It's a Friday afternoon so I'm sure the traffic is going to be bad."

"Okay." I said before closing my laptop and beginning to pack the few things I was going to need.

It was only going to be a two day trip, so I just backed a couple outfits and my bathroom things.

"You ready, beautiful?" I heard Blake yell from the living room where he was watching film.

I hopped out of bed, grabbed my traveling blanket and backpack and headed to the front door, where I saw Blake waiting for me.

I could tell how anxious Blake was. The series was tied 1-1 and I think the whole team was just waiting for something to go wrong, but praying that it wouldn't.

Blake kissed my forehead before opening the door for me.

.....

We landed in Utah about two hours later and it was a little cloudy and I knew it was going to be cold compared to the weather in LA. But, I was honestly looking forward to it. I loved "gloomy" cold weather.

When we walked off the plane onto the tarmac it was colder than I expected. My thing long sleeve shirt and leggings was no match for the 50 degree weather.

"Are you cold, baby?" Blake asked, looking down at me crossing my arms.

"Just a little, but I'll be fine. We'll be in a car soon."

"No, babe. You can't be cold." He paused, "take this." He finished, removing his suit jacket and draping it over my shoulders.

It was 5 sizes too big for my small frame, but it smelled like Blake and it was warm so I cuddled up with it as we walked towards the line of black SUV's waiting for us.

When we got to the hotel, the staff directed everybody to their rooms and as soon as me and Blake walked through our door we both fell back onto the bed.

"Traveling is exhausting." I sighed.

"So exhausting." Blake repeated, "I'm just glad you get to be here with me." He turned his head towards mine and smiled.

"Me too." I smiled back, "having the opportunity to be here and support you even though we're not in LA means everything to me."

"What do you have to do tonight?" I asked him.

"I think there's a team dinner soon. After that I'm all yours."

It was already almost 7pm and by the time Blake got back from his dinner I would probably be falling asleep. Normally I'd be up all night, but with studying so much the last couple days and traveling today, my body was ready to crash.

"Okay." He could tell I was a little upset I wasn't going to get to spend the night with him, "I'll just order some food and hook my laptop up to the tv and watch Netflix." I said, rolling over towards him, resting half of my body on his and looking down at him.

"I love you." He said before kissing me for a few seconds before his phone went off.

iMessage

DJ: where you at? most of the guys are already in the lobby. we're leaving in 5.

Blake sighed before standing up and grabbing his suit jacket from me.

"I'll be back in a couple hours."

"I know. I love you, have fun." I said as he kissed the top of my head, while I wrapped my arms around his waist.

He walked out the door and I sighed. I know I was being selfish wanting to spend tonight with Blake. I knew he needed the time to be with the rest of the team, I just hated sitting here all alone.

I was going to make the most of it though. I looked through the hotel booklet of places that delivered and ordered some Mexican food and turned family guy on netflix.

.....

Blakes POV-

A few hours had passed since we left the hotel. We ended up at a pretty nice restaurant where a lot of us got a little tipsy.

After sitting there for almost 3 hours and filling the place with our laughs and talking to the waitresses a little too much, we decided it was time to leave.

I hopped into an SUV with JJ, DJ, Chris and Austin.

"Is it nice being able to have your wives here?" Austin asked.

"YES." Me, JJ and Chris said in sync, which made us all laugh.

"I guess I can't call Emma your wife yet though, can I?" Austin said, smirking at me.

"Soon enough, man. I can't wait to marry her." I smiled

"Awe, Blake, you're so cute." DJ replied sarcastically.

We pulled up to the hotel and all went our separate ways after making our way out of the elevator on our floor.

"Goodnight, man." DJ said walking past me.

"Night. Sleep good." I said back.

I opened the door and saw Emma sprawled out across the bed with a take out box in her lap. She was wearing one of my t shirts that she must have snuck into her backpack.

I took the box off her lap and was surprised at how much food she had ordered and managed to eat.

I took myself out of the suit I had on all day, leaving on only my boxers.

I tried to move Emma's body to one side of the bed so she wasn't taking up the whole thing anymore and she opened her eyes slightly, smiling when she saw me.

"You're back!" She said tiredly, but still excitedly.

"I am," I laughed, "you should scoot over a little bit so I can lay down and hold you."

"Ooooh

"Ooooh. Yes." She smiled moving her body over, reaching her arms out for me as I crawled into bed.

She wrapped her arms around me, I did the same and we just hugged for a minute or two. I felt like sometimes I didn't appreciate hugs like I should. Being able to just hold Emma in my arms for as long as I wanted was amazing.

She let go, rolling over and scooting her butt towards my waist. I smirked a little, knowing what she wanted, but I knew she was too tired to actually do it.

I kissed her cheek and wrapped my arm around her, finally being able to go to sleep.

Today was exhausting.