tiffany

*time skip to playoffs, around april 17. i'm moving the story line up to real time, the characters aren't going to talk about the time skip like i've done before. just know that it's jumped ahead about a month. i hope that makes sense*

.....

Emma's POV-

A phone rang, waking both Blake and I up. I assumed it was Blake's, they had lost the first game of the playoffs last night and I figured it was something about practice. When the phone kept ringing I reached over to my nightstand and picked up my phone, without seeing who it was or noticing that it was 9 am.

"Hello?" I said, my brain barely forming the word.

"Hi, sweetheart. How are you? Is it too early? I'm sorry. I just wanted to see how you're doing and see if anything had changed. We haven't talked in awhile and you never reach out anymore."

I sighed hearing my mom blame me for our lack of communication.

"Nothing has changed mom. Why? I'm just taking classes and Blake is just playing ball. The usual. Why'd you call? You never reach out either." I replied, she was quiet for a second.

"I was just hoping you'd have something to talk about." She sounded disappointed.

"Who is that?" Blake sat up.

I turned the phone away from me, "It's just my mom."

Blake had a weird, almost concerned look on his face, he paused for a second, but just said "oh."

"I guess I'll let you go then. Neither of us ever have anything to talk about."

I said goodbye and so did she before hanging up.

"Did she want anything?" Blake asked.

"No. She just asked if anything new was going on. That was literally it." I said, taking a second and realizing how weird of a phone call that was.

"Oh okay." Blake paused, again. "Since we're up do you want to go get breakfast and shop for a little bit, before I have to leave for practice? I know I wasn't any fun last night since we lost, I want to make it up to you."

I shook my head, smiling. Going shopping was one of my favorite things to do with Blake. Not because I'm materialistic or anything like that. Blake just made shopping fun, he was always willing to watch me try things on and tell me how good I looked in everything and he was always down to eat the not so healthy food that we would walk by.

He leaned over and kissed me before jumping out of bed to get ready.

.....

We at breakfast at Taste, one of my favorite brunch places near Blake's house, then headed to Santa Monica Place. I was never one to go out and go shopping a lot before I met Blake. I tried going with Shelby, but it was always a mess. She would always force me to try things on and try to talk to guys, so I did most of my shopping online.

We hopped out of the car and made our way to the rows of stores.

"Can I hold you hand?" I asked Blake, normally I would just grab it without asking, but I forget sometimes that he likes his personal life to stay private. He had talked about me and posted a few pictures of us, but never actually confirmed he was in a relationship. Which, I didn't mind. I understood why he kept things so private, but sometimes I wish we could hold hand or kiss like a normal couple.

Blake hesitated for a second before answering, "of course, baby. There's not a lot of people here, let alone someone who would recognize me."

He reached his hand over to mine and I got butterflies. 6 months later and he still made me feel like an 8 year old who just got a tub of ice cream.