deja vu

He ran off and I could hear the chants and claps of the rest of the team as he entered the locker room. I walked back towards the court and a security guy offered to help me back to me seat.

I sat down not even paying attention the people around me. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the ring with the court as my background and sent it to Shelby.

I hesitated before sending it to my parents and decided I would wait before I did. I knew Blake had probably called them, but knowing how distant we've all been with each other lately I'm sure he had a hard time talking to them about this.

I was so in love with Blake and this whole moment that I wanted to post a picture everywhere but I wasn't sure how Blake would feel if I did. I decided to keep it simple and just posted it to my snapchat and instagram story.

.....

The second half of the game was over shortly and the guys won, 91-99. As the fans started to trickle out of the arena I pulled out the book I had brought with me and started to read as I waited for Blake to finish. Tonight was one of those nights when I really appreciated being able to stay late, I loved being able to sit there and think about mine and Blake's future without having any distractions.

I read my book and scrolled through my phone and honestly, just sat there thinking about everything and how happy I was.

The time had passed by quicker than I expected and I saw Blake walk out onto the court in front of me. He was in his navy blue suit and I could see his white undershirt peeking out under his suit top.

"What's my fiancée been up to while she waited for me?" He asked, over exaggerating "fiancee

"What's my fiancée been up to while she waited for me?" He asked, over exaggerating "fiancee."

"Just reading and thinking about how much I love you." I smiled at him.

"Do you remember the first night we met and the attitude you gave me when we were talking?" He laughed, motioning for me to come down onto the court with him.

"Unfortunately, I do." I laughed, remembering how much I had embarrassed myself.

"Wanna see if you're still just as good as me at free throws?" He smirked at me as I accepted his challenge.

I picked up one of the random balls that had been left out on the court and took my shot, and to my surprise I made it. Blake was suddenly shouting "Ohhhh!" and dancing around the court like a little boy, while I just watched him and laughed, just like he had the first night we met. My heart was happy. He ran up behind me and picked me up in his arms, still running around cheering for me.

We were both laughing and enjoying being around each other. Blake set me back down and bent down to kiss me. It felt so different than when we had kissed before, but in a really good way. My stomach was in knots and I could feel my smile grow bigger as the kiss deepened. Blake had his hands on my face and I knew that he was the only person I wanted to be kissing for the rest of my life.

He pulled away from the kiss and I couldn't help but make a comment from the night we met, "So are you gonna chase me down in the parking lot and give me your number tonight?"

"I don't need to do that now because I already know you're going home with me." He kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand and we started to walk out of the arena.

"What else do you have planned tonight?" I asked him.

"You'll see." He smiled at me.

"You're really trying to recreate some of the first times we spent together aren't you? You never like to tell me where you're taking me."

"Just trust me, babe."

.....

I had an idea of where he might have been taking me and I was right. He pulled up to the Griffith Observatory and I couldn't contain my excitement. I hadn't been back here since Blake brought me on our first "date."

"Blake! You're such a sweetheart. Thank you for bringing me here again." I said, leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"Of course, beautiful. I know how much you love this stuff and I love watching you get excited about all of it."

We got out of the car and walked inside, I don't know how Blake got the people who owned this place to keep letting him come in after hours, but I was really happy he did.

We were the only ones there again and I drug Blake into the planetarium so we could lay on the floor and look at the stars and planets projected onto the ceiling.

"I knew you were going to want to come in here." He said before I could notice what he had done to the planetarium.

There was an array of pillows and blankets on the floor that Blake had had put there for us.

"The fact that you remember all of these little things about me makes me so happy. Most people wouldn't care to remember that looking at the stars in here is one of my favorite things."

"Emma, I want to marry you, obviously I'm going to remember the things that you like doing." He smiled at me, pulling me down onto the pillows and blankets.

We both laid there on our backs, my head resting against Blake's shoulder.

We started talking about when we met, our future and everything in between. It was the most perfect moment that I never wanted to end.