finally

At some point I dozed off, when I woke up nobody was in my room with me. I looked around for anyone and saw my parents standing outside my room with Blake and a male doctor.

My mom noticed I was awake and ran into the room

"Emma, sweetheart. We were worried sick about you." She kissed my forehead, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, mom. My leg just hurts a lot. Other than that I feel okay."

The doctor walked in and Blake and my dad followed. Blake walked over to me and held my hand.

"Will you tell me what's wrong with me?" I asked the doctor. I hated hospitals, I wanted to go home.

"Of course," the doctor started to say, "Should we start with the good news or the bad?"

"Great." I thought to myself, that was not what I wanted to hear.

"Start with the bad news." I said after a minute of thinking.

"Okay, well, your right leg came into contact with your steering wheel pretty hard, that's why you're feeling so much pain. The force of that caused a stress fracture in your femur and dislocated your knee. We popped your knee back into place when you first arrived. We'd like to take you to get a CT to make sure that you only have a stress fracture in your femur and it's not completely broken. Other than that, you're perfectly fine. You have a little bit of whiplash in your neck, but the pain of that should start to decrease significantly in the next couple days."

My parents, the doctor and Blake were waiting for me to say something but I was quiet for a minute, taking it all in. It definitely could've been a lot worse, so I was thankful it wasn't.

"That's not so bad.I guess the only thing I want to know now is when I'll be able to go home?" I asked.

The doctor chuckled a little at how eager I was to leave, "if we take you to your CT right now and everything is okay, you can leave tonight, if you want. You'll need to use crutches to walk around for a while. I'll give you all the paperwork on how to take care of your femur and pain medication for you to take when you need it. You'll need to stay with someone, to help you for a couple weeks. You need to rest and stay in bed or on the couch as much as possible. Do you have someone to stay with?"

I was quiet again and noticed my mom looking at me, she knew something was wrong when I didn't immediately say I would stay at Blake's.

I just replied with, "I'll figure something out. So, this means I shouldn't go to my classes for a few weeks?"

"I would say no. Try to find a way to see your lectures online or have friends get you your homework. You definitely don't need to be walking around a campus right now."

The doctor walked out, he was going to get a couple nurses and things ready for my CT. Blake followed, saying he had to use the restroom. Now it was just me and my parents.

My mom was the first one to talk, "Why didn't you tell the doctor you'd stay with Blake? Is something going on? It's like you never talk to us anymore, Emma." She sounded disappointed.

"Mom, you guys barely ever reach out to me either. We're fine though, me and Blake are fine. We hit a bump, but we're working through it. I'll be able to stay with him and he'll be there to help me."

"Are you sure he'll be there for you?" My dad pitched in now, too.

"Yes. If Blake didn't care about me, he wouldn't have came to see me. He would have just called or texted us for updates."

I hadn't thought about that before. Blake really did care. He didn't have to be here, he could have called my parents to update him, he could've stayed home or went out with his friends but he came to sit in a hospital by my side for 7 hours.