Chapter II [revised]

You walk up to the door of your apartment, the numbers of the unit barely glinted against the streetlights. Reaching into you bag, you fumbled around for the keys, silently cursing yourself for my pulling them out earlier in a more luminous setting.

...

"Tell me about Rize." He said.

"After you tried to kill me?" You bite. "As if."

"Oh we can play for a little longer if you want too, your kagune would make such a pretty quinquennial." He smiled and shrugged.

"Okay you win." You sighed and slumped down to sit on the ground and leaned against the cold concrete. "What do you want to know?"

"I want to make sure we have the correct victim count." He says, sitting down next to me.

"I'd say, I don't know, judging from her leftover about twenty people?" You shrugged. "I don't touch those. Don't think I'd be able to sleep at night if I did."

"Sounds like we got the right number of victims."

"Where is she right now? Since you mentioned her leftover I'm assuming she lives with you." He deduced and put a finger on his lower lip.

You didn't notice the red stitching on his skin before but in the moonlight his features were a lot more visible. He was almost... kind of cute.

'(Y/n) what the actual fuck did he not just try to kill you? Now you're saying he's cute?!" I shook my head.

"Spot on. She lives with me. You can take her, she's a horrible roommate anyways." You smiled at the thought of having a good nights rest without hearing the screams and gurgles of her victims or her riding a new man every now and then.

"And where do you live?" He asks and looks at you with a smirk.

"God you're actually disgusting please don't ever give me that look when you say things like that." You gagged and shoved him away from you. "And like I would ever tell you that. Can't you find Rize out on the street somewhere? She's out nearly every night."

"It would make things easier." He said matter of factly. "Even if you didn't tell I would just follow you." He giggled.

"Thanks for the heads up you creepy." You shivered at the thought of him slinking through the shadows behind you, following you home.

You took a quick glance at him and instantly something in your head clicked. Those red eyes...

"Wait a second..." you said and looked at him pensively. "Do I know you?"

"Not sure, maybe."

"You're Re-" before you could get your sentence out he cut you off quickly.

"It's Juuzou Suzuya now." He said flatly.

...

I guess that's what he's going by now. No shit Sherlock like he didn't just just it.

You hands found the cold metal key and you slipped it out of your bag and into the door, turning it and collapsing onto the couch after slamming it shut.