Chapter IV

Your hairs stood on their sends as you turned around stiffly. There in the doorway stood a boy with black hair and an eyepatch over his left eye.

"Oh. Hi. Sorry if I scared you." he apologized. You left yourself relax.

"I'm y/n. Nice to see you... Again." you introduced.

"I'm Kenaki Ken. Nice to see you again.

"So I see Al two finally met! How great." Touka beamed. But you could tell she was faking it.

She handed you a box of meat and you mouth watered.

"Hey hey. Calm down." she said. You thanked her and headed out of Anekou(?) and to your small condo. The door creaked open as your pushed it ajar with your hip. The box had become quite cumbersome and you loaded it in the fridge. You snatched up your small tote because, who uses a purse these days other than moms? You headed out and locked the door and walked towards the bookstore.

The doorbell chimed as you opened the door. Once you entered, you went towards the section with table and chairs and you set your bag down. Your love for reading was mine of the only positive aspects in your life besides Anteikou. You inhaled the sweet scent of books andcherry blossom. Running your fingers along the slightly uneven slippery slick spines, you pulled one out the read, 'The Suffering: Rin Chepco. You opened the book and stuck your nose in it, inhaling the sweet scent. Old paper and cotton...? Meh. It looked like an enjoyable.

You sat down in a chair and began to read, only to gave your mind swerve off to being hungry. So you paid for your book and headed out.

As you where walking under a bridge, you heard a voice.

Godamn how many more jumpscares?!

"Well well if it isn't the infamous binge eater." a man said.

"Oh for fucks sake the binge eater is Rize and I wouldn't hurt a soul." you complained.

"Well if im not mistaken. You are still a ghoul." the person explained.

"But I haven't killed anyone. I can't stand the very thought of having to kill." you said. "Please sir. Have mercy. I won't attack."

"She's riiiight!~" a familiar boy's voice rang. You sighed in relief. You knew if the CCG found out he hadn't killed you he'd be in deep ass trouble.

"Oh great. Another one. I was just on my way home to eat my friend's leftovers. Can't a ghoul eat around here?" you whined and turned around.

"I'm afraid not." the man who spoke finally revealed himself. He had white hair and weird ass eyes. What happened to him....?

"Oh please mister! I can't fight okay!" you whined backing up against the wall.

"I'll spare no mercy on a ghoul!" he said. Juuzou shrugged and you mentally killed yourself for believing he would at least try to defend you.

"Juuzou." the man said.

"Yes Mado?" Juuzou replied.

"Could you stay back a little please while I fight off this pest?" he asked. Mental note. CCG angents really have no mercy. Maybe some do.

"Alright pest prepare to die!" the Mado man said enthusiastically. You honestly didn't have enough energy right now to summon your kugame and you dodged his attempt to slice you with his quinqe.

"So you really dint want to out up a fight. How odd. You really are a rare item. A gleaming jewel!" he said. Juuzou just sat down and watched. Mado's attacks where quick paced and full of energy, much unlike you. You hissed in pain once the tendril sliced your skin. It felt like a paper cut but a million bajillion times worse. You collapsed on the floor.

"I had a lot more energy when I fought yesterday." you gasped.

Just as he was about the attack again, A figure blocked the attack and slashed at the man.

It was Kenaki. You looked at him as the eyepatch was removed and he had one ghoul eye.