XIII

"Hang in there. I love you. I don't want to lose the color to my world."~

Juuzou's POV

I waited in the hospital for two long days. I literally waited in the waiting area, leaving to get the occasional meal, waiting to see what happened to her.

"It appears she slipped into a comma." the doctor said.

"She what?" I was completely taken aback.

"Im so sorry Mr. Suzuya. But y/n has slipped into a comma. I know how it geeks to have this done to you but if she doesn't make it back in six to eight months.... She'll be deceased. He body wouldn't be able to take it anymore. The earliest she can come out is two to four months." he explained. I just stood there. How could he remain so calm and tranquil if he said he knew how this felt?

"Can I see her now? Where is she? How is she? Is she okay?-" he cut me off.

"She's in room 132b." he said.

I raced to find it but the hospital is a maze of gloomy rooms. I wouldn't let y/n be trapped a gloomy room like the others. I'll fill her room with joy.

When I got there, there was already a girl with purple hair holding one off her hands. I starred at her blankly.

"Y/n was my childhood friend and the closest thing I had to a sister." she said. I looked at her, then to y/n. I raced to her side and grasped her bandaged hand and kissed it.

"Is so glad your alive just please make it out of the comma for us will you?" I whispered.

"She's too young to die..." the purple head whispered.

"Don't. Say. That. She isn't going to die! Just don't." I said, lowering my gaze to the floor. The sun beat on my back through the window sending heat down my back. Suddenly, the door opened and takizawa walked in.

"Huh? What are you doing here?" I asked. His expression was serious.

"So. She's the one keeping you from your work huh?" he said grimly. I just stood there, stiff as a bored and listened.

He is right. I thought. (Trying to keep him in character from now on *-* inspiration from a book i read.) Is this what Mama would have wanted? I would have been dead. My good boy points taken! She wouldn't like my acts! How dare I! No. He's messing with you. No. He's right. She.... Is messing with me. She's making me a frail skeleton of what I used to be. I can't let that happen now can I? I have to leave. She's.... A weakness that I musn't possess. I can't...

I put a smirk on my face.

"Well then I believe we should get to work huh?" I said. The purple hair girl's name was Touka Kirirshima. A ghoul. I'll save her torment for later when that... Distrusting weak girl gets released from the hospital.

(Now I remember that book! Ad for a book in a book. Its called 'Famous Last Words [Juuzou x Reader]. Juuzou stays in character and its such a work of art to see that one can master to stay in character. So go check it out its amazing!)

I walked out the hospital and I felt so disgusted with myself for letting me be so weak around her. I didn't know what it was called.... That emotion.... Love? Love her would I? I'd love to shrewd her up! Her kagume is quite beautiful in fact.

"Hey! Hurry up!" he said. "Your new parted is waiting for you!" new partner?

I finally found Tokyo ghoul:re online and its killing me! ;-;