12

Its midnight and my mother still isn't home. I sighed, feeling irritated. Jace rubbed my arm. "Chill out Angel." He kissed my temple and smiled. "It's probably super busy there."

"You're probably right, lets watch a movie or something." I said a little distractedly. I just wanna know what's going on. Jace nodded and we decided to watch Step Brothers. About a half hour into it the door opened and my mom walked in looking tired. "Hey!" I said and jumped from the couch. "Busy day?"

"Very" She said and sighed. "Can we talk about....you know, tomorrow? I'm so* tired!"

"No!" I yelled and Jace tried to calm me down. "No Jace stop!" I yelled and he looked hurt but right now I didn't care. "I need to know mom, why can't you get that?! I was held captive for SIX MONTHS!!!!" I screamed. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAD TO DO TO SURVIVE?! NO BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE I ONLY JUST TOLD YOU!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Ella was so mad I felt myself shaking.

"ANNA!" Alpha Max yelled walking in the door. "Stand down!" He yelled in his Alpha tone. Ella got more pissed. She growled and Max stared at me in shock and he growled, his eyes turning black. "Stand down Ella!!" Max's wolf yelled, I could tell he was trying not to hurt me.

Ella calmed down but not after giving everyone one last growl. After I was back in control I sighed. "S-sorry Alpha Max." I shook my head and blinked a few times. "What are you d-doing here?"

Alpha Max sighed and closed the door. "I came here to talk to your mother."

I snorted. "Why so you two can find a way to not* tell me?" I said bitterly.

My mother wiped away fresh tears away from her face and have me a pleading look. "We're just trying to protect you!"

"Oh protect me?" She nodded and I looked at her dead in the eyes. "How has that worked out so far?" My mother flinched and started bawling. I ran upstairs and slam the door so hard something from my wall fell. Ugh why can't they just tell me?! I have the right to know! Argh! I yelled out and punched my wall, making a whole and my hand to bleed.

Jace rushed in and closed the door. "Baby stop it!" He growled and wrapped one of my shirts around my hand. I looked at him. "What?" I felt the tears spill out and his face twisted up into anguish. "Oh, Angel." He pulled me in to a hug. I held on to him tightly. "Shhhh it's okay."

I shook my head an pulled back just enough to look Jace in the face. "It's not Jace, it's not! I'm tired of being protected! I-I-I need to kn-now!!" I started bawling again and held my tight.

"Come, let me hold you." He picked me up bridal style and put me under the covers. He then climbed in with me and held me while I cried. "I love you?" He said it in a question as if to see if it would make me feel better.

I snuggled closer and kissed his bicep that was draped over me. "I-I love Y-y-you too." I closed my eyes and tried to drown out the sound of my mother's cries and Alpha Max trying to sooth her.

************

I opened my eyes and groaned from the pounding of my head. That's my punishment for falling asleep still crying! I slowly got up and looked to see Jace wasn't there. I whimpered, wishing he was. Instead there was a note.

~Angel, out with my father for some Alpha pack business. Cris and Maxi will be there to spend time with you. Try to relax baby, love you! -J~ I smiled. My mate is so amazing!! Ella purred in agreement.

I hopped in the shower and then put on a white laced shirt with black skinny jeans. I put a white head band in and let my hair fall behind me. I applied some mascara but that's it; I don't really feel like wearing any makeup. I went downstairs and saw Maxine, Richelle, Cris, Gregg, Julie, and Daniel in the kitchen and living room.

"Hey girl!" Maxine said and came up and hugged me tight. "I've missed you so much!!"

I smiled. "Missed you too, Maxi."

"Hey what about us!" Cris and Daniel said at the same time. We laughed and group hugged.

Gregg laughed. "This would be a perfect dream if Daniel wasn't in there!"

We all laughed while Daniel rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Pa-lease, you dream about getting with this!" He said and wrapped his arms around Julie.

Gregg shuddered. "Ew dude, ew." Laughter erupted from all of us again. "So what shall we do today? Though I gotta pick up my sister later from school."

"Hmmmm......" Cris said and Maxine mirrored her expression. "How about we have a movie day?"

I smiled. That sounded like a great idea!! Richelle nodded. "That sounds great!" 'You okay?' She mind linked me which meant she joined our pack. I nodded and smiled at her.

"Okay let's do it!" Julie said and kissed Daniel on his cheek. Im glad she isn't that broken girl I met six months ago. For some reason I went up and hugged her. She was shocked at first but then hugged me back. "I know sweetie, I know." She whispered in my ear and kissed the side of my head.

"Heyyyy!" Daniel yelled. "No kissing unless I'm involved!" He pouted and we all laughed and made fun of him.

Soon we had about two dozen movies on the floor and as many snacks as you can think of. "Okay, since this is Anna's day, she picks the first movie." Gregg said with a smile while Cris snuggled into him.

I nodded and looked. "Hmmm....this one." I put it in and they all laughed at what it was. 21 Jump Street with the voluptuous Channing Tatum that can get it any day (kidding!....sort of). I sat between Maxine and Daniel and grabbed a bag of Sat N' Vinegar chips. I started to feel better and almost forgot about last night, almost.