Chapter Sixteen

This chapter will be about how Danielle & Nathaniel met. Hope you guys like it, even though it's boring.

~ Smiley X

--------------------------------------------

* 2 YEARS & 6 MONTHS EARLIER*

NATHAN'S POV
I sat in the alley way. I've lived here for a month now. My dad killed my mom when I was 4, and my two older brothers left me to join a gang. I've never seen them since, because they both were murdered. When I was 7 I ran away, because my dad kept beating me and I almost died. I lived in a small flat for 14 years, until I got evicted because I couldn't pay my bills. After that, I broke into a motel and I stayed there. 5 months later, they caught me and I ran for my life. Which leads us to here, I'm currently 22. My life couldn't get any worse.

"I need some food" I said to myself as I walked to the nearest cafe. I didn't look homeless nor did I smell homeless. I liked to keep myself clean and fresh. The cafe was nearly full. There was only an old couple and a young woman with a baby. She looked exhausted, and she kept trying to calm her baby down. I walked over to the struggling woman.
"May I help?" I asked. She was so beautiful. She slowly nodded. I gently blew in the baby's face, while stroking his cheek softly. Soon he fell asleep.

"Thank you, I thought I was going to go crazy in a minute" she whispered. I lightly chucked and said "your welcome and I could tell". She smiled at me. I couldn't resist but smile back.
"I should go, I don't want to disturb you" I said politely.
"It's okay. Why don't you join me?" She asked. Motioning me to sit next to her.
"Are you sure?" I asked again. She chuckled and dragged me to the seat. I took a sip out of my coffee.
"He's a beautiful baby" I said looking at him.
"Thank you. He's usually happy and calm, but I guess we both have been stressed out lately." She said, while swirling her coffee around. Suddenly my stomach grumbled. My face turned into a strawberry.
"Aren't you going to get anything to eat?" She asked, pointing to my stomach.
"Um. I, uh. I don't have much money.." I said quietly. I avoided her eye contact.  To my surprise, she got up and ordered down food. She came back with a full tray, it had a 2 sandwiches, muffin, an apple and large carton of orange juice.
"Ma'am this is too much" I told her. She shook her head and giggled.
"I can't let a gentleman like yourself starve now, can I?" She winked. I lightly blushed and ate the food. I kept a sandwich and the orange juice for later.

We talked for ages, she didn't reveal much about herself. Only that her name is Danielle and that she's a full time single mother. The baby began to wake up. He had beautiful chocolate brown eyes, and on the outer rim it was a glowing sky blue.
" sorry I have to go, it's his lunch now" she said as she stood up.
"It was a pleasure to meet you, Miss Danielle" I took her hand and kissed it. She blushed.
"I would give you my number... But I don't have a phone.." I continued.
"How about, I'll meet you here in Thai exact spot next week?" She asked as she picked up the baby boy. I quickly nodded and escorted her out. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I couldn't wait till next week.

*THE SAME MORNING*

DANIELLE'S POV
I've been staying at my secret apartment for 6 months now. Non of the crew has tried to find me nor contact me. Everything seemed to flow in place. I haven't been killing much, only because I'm a full time mother. Most of my pregnancy weight has gone. But I felt the urge to train again, with weapons and punching bags. I haven't properly trained for almost a year now.

I decided to go to my favourite cafe with Roman. I ordered my caramel latte and sat down by the window. It was reasonably empty. There was only an elderly couple here. Roman started to cry like a mad man.
"Shush baby, momma is here" I kept repeating in a sweet voice. But nothing, he kept screaming. I felt as if my head was going to explode.
"May I help?" I jumped, a decently well dressed man asked. I slowly nodded, making sure he didn't hurt my baby. He gently blew into Roman's face and stroked his cheek, soon the little boy was knocked out. I sighed with relief. The man was quite handsome, he looked as if he was in his early 20's.
(I'm not going to repeat the chat they had ). I couldn't wait to meet him next week.

NARRATER
After 6 months of  the pair continuously meeting up, Nathan asked Danielle to be his girlfriend, which she obviously accepted. Nathan told her about his past, he was surprised when she told him hers. After 2 months of being together, Nathan moved in with Danielle.

Within a whole year, Danielle and Nathan brought a penthouse with a garage. They brought four cars. They made sure that they all were bulletproof and that the windows were tinted black.

 They made sure that they all were bulletproof and that the windows were tinted black

( Their cars )

In there apartment they had 5 bedrooms, 3 were spare. Every bedroom had its own bathroom. They had a secret room, where they kept any loose money, guns, ammo and gadgets, they also had a gym room. They made the penthouse lock proof. So that, whenever the couple went out to do missions, they'd lock down the house. So no one could get in, and that Roman was kept safe inside, while he was sleeping.

( Their apartment )

( Their apartment )

They trained day out and day in, they were unstoppable. Gangs called them 'The Crazy Couple', because they're insane and the two of them single handedly took down 50+ members of a gang. No on knew their identities but people called Danielle 'Silver' because of her hair colour and because she was fond of using knives. People called Nathan 'Arrow' because his bullets were sharp and silent, like an arrow.