1. Ricky

"Marie-Claire, wait for us!" yells my older sister to the younger one.

The three of us are walking around the hotel's neighbourhood, in Oakland California. Our parents have been out all day for visits or something like that, and we were left with nothing but bodyguards and Alexandra's credit card. But somehow, it was more than enough.

Marie-Claire waves to a store in front of us.
"I really want to go there!"
"Really? Don't you have enough lipsticks for a 15 years old girl?"
"I need one to match my eyeliner." she simply states.
I groan while Alex laughs.
"Sure, I could use some blue lipstick too."

We walk in the Sephora to my utter frustration and watch my sisters try on makeup for fifteen long minutes. They finally make up their mind on two lipsticks and three other products I can't name.
"That was about time!" I complain when we finally get out of the store. "What's all that for anyway?"
"For our own pleasure my dear", explains Marie-Claire, "you know, having fun with our beauty."
"Better get used to it, your future wife will have plenty of those." adds Alexandra with a smirk.
"Whatever, it's not like that's gonna happen any time soon." I answer.
"Never say never when your parents are royals." she scowls me.

She is right : We don't even know why we're in California for the summer. Although it's about the same temperature as Hispaniola, our Caribbean island kingdom, I miss the impromptus markets in every street corner, the loud music and the calm beaches.

But on the other hand, we don't need 10 thousands of bodyguards to watch our backs. And the electricity actually works 24/7, everywhere.

Nevertheless, being a prince isn't always fun when you think of the pressure on your shoulders to look perfect at all times. Plus, we have to get married to the one our parents choose for us, which sucks. Alexandra got away with it though, since she's 28 and happily single , so maybe I'll get to choose. Maybe.

"Can we go to Lids now? I've been waiting to go there forever!" I beg Alex and MC.
"Don't you have like 30 caps already?" brings out MC.
"Don't you have 34 lipsticks?" I ask back.
Alex chuckles and motions to the forementioned store. "Just get in there already."
"I don't get why you don't want to get married." wonders my little sister while I look for a new cap.
"I never said I didn't want to, I said not for now."
"Why not? You'd get to leave the house. You could do what you want."
"Yeah, and I have to live with someone else, so I want to make it right."
"What do you want in a girl?" steps in Alex.
"I don't really know, as long as she's Christian. I like grounded people, so someone who likes me for me. Plus I have a weakness for black girls."
"Light skin or dark skin?"
"I don't mind."
"Alright, we'll let mom and dad know." winks MC.

I turn around to switch row when I almost bump into someone.
"Oh my, are you okay?"
I blink once or twice while stepping back. The girl in front of me happens to be light skinned. I can hear my sisters' chuckles behind my back.
"I'm fine. Are you?"
"Yeah, I'm cool, bro, don't worry about me. I'm a bit clumsy."
"I don't believe you one bit."
She blushes to my satisfaction.
"Jackie, I'm done, let's get moving!" yells a guy with a kid in his arms.
"On my way, Jake!" She turns back her eyes on me. "It was nice meeting you. What's your name?"
"Call me Ricky."
"You have a weird name too, huh? Well, I'm Jackie."
She fistpumps with me and walks out of the store.
"Well, whispers Alex, God is quick in business."
But I don't take the time to reply.

Jackie... Our nicknames rimes.

"Look who is just crushing on a teen mom." teases MC, grinning.
"You mean the kid the guy with her was holding? It's probably not hers, the girl was about 5 years old!" replies Alex.
"Pretty sure she called her auntie anyway", I bring up.
"Nah, you'll get over her soon, she's pretty plain compared to the other California girls." Alex assures me.
But on our way back, I actually surprise myself wondering how much is it possible to see her again.

First chapter! A little short, but I'll try to length them for your sake! Vote comment and add to your library :)