5. Ricky

The ride back to the hotel is silent for two reasons: Everybody is exhausted after our day and Alexandra annoyed the crap out of Jackie, which results in her cranking the music up, even though it is almost midnight. We didn't leave the beach that late, but we visited San Francisco while we were at it.

"Alright guys, get out of the car before I fall asleep." yawns Jackie once we get to the hotel.
"Thanks for the day, Jackie!" beams Marie-Claire before opening the door.
"Anytime, I had fun too." she replies.
"Ricky, hurry!" complains Alex before getting out of the convertible.
"You heard her, go to bed!" Jackie teases.
"Thanks for enduring her spoiled ass by the way." I say when my sisters are our of sight.
"Oh, you noticed?"
"I know Alex, she can be a pain sometimes."
"Sometimes?"
We both laugh.
"Anyway, you weren't nearly as creepy as your texts and MC is just lovely, so it wasn't that bad."
"Wait, I'm creepy?"
She smirks, motioning me to leave her car.
"Okay then, drive safe." I tell her, picking her cheek. "Are you working tomorrow?"
"8 a.m. to serve you sir. And if we met, you don't spill the beans on our little adventure. Pass the word to your sisters."
"What, you can't hang out with your new friends at work?"
"I could be sue for sexual harassment or voyeurism."
"Oh I see..." I open the door."So I'll text you?"
"You're really on my case, aren't you?"
"Not my fault you're pretty."
Even in the darkness of the night, I can see her cheeks fluster.

"What did you guys talk about?"
MC is on my case the second I step into the suite. Mom and Dad don't seem to be back yet.
"Don't fall for that girl, she looks like a troublemaker." suggests me Alex.
"You know that's not true."
"It is, I saw the way you were looking at her back at the beach. "
"I saw the way all the men at the beach were looking at you and I don't go calling them troublemakers!"
And Alex was only in mini-shorts (as in the pockets are too long for the piece of denim left) and bikini top.
"My point is, don't settle down for her yet, you still got Ella to meet.
"So that's the white girl's name?" wonders MC.
"Marie-Claire, out." orders Alex.
The conversation was about to take a serious turn if our 15 years-old sister couldn't stay anymore.
"Ricky, Mom and Dad are gonna blame me if the engagement doesn't work!"
"So you agree to say Jackie is someone who threatens that Ella?"
She rolls her eyes.
"I didn't think so, but apparently yes, judging by your behavior."
"Look, I'll give the girl a chance, but give Jackie a chance."
"Do you mean..."
"Yes, Alex. I'm so taking her on a date. An actual one this time."

For someone who slept less than 7 hours, she looks great. But I can still tell she's tired, otherwise she would've put on some makeup according to MC, who had a good discussion about it with her yesterday. These two could totally be sisters.

She doesn't see me walking out of the elevator, and she is not looking where she is going. I brace myself for the inevitable.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry-"
She finally looks up and blushes when she meets my gaze. I've been told its quite an intimidating view for the ladies.
" Well, we meet again." I greet her.
"Sorry sir." she repeats, about to leave.
I grab her by the arm, stopping her from walking away. She looks back.
"Anything I can do to help, sir?"
"When are you done working?"
She makes sure nobody looks or listen to us, a little worried.
"5 p.m., and you said you would text me!" she hisses.
"Well, you wouldn't see it until your break, and it'd be to late." I defend myself.
She sighs heavily and nervously tries to free her arm.
"Anything else, sir?" she asks, slightly annoyed.
"That would be all for now. Have a nice day, beautiful."
I let her go and she rushes to the front desk.
"You're pushing it, brother." says Alexandra when I sit next to her for the breakfast.
We could take it in our suite, but how would I bump into Jackie that way?
"I don't see what you're talking about." I reply with my most innocent look.
"She's clearly not into you, man, isn't it a first for you to be so coldly answered?"
"It is", I confirm, "but it's not a bad thing. It just proves the lady has high standards."
Alex rolls her eyes and looks elsewhere.

Standards I can meet, I think to myself.

The days go by and I don't  leave Jackie alone, but at least now she  textes me first most of the time. But maybe it's because she doesn't want to talk to me when she works.

"Excuse me?" I say at the young man at the front desk, in the hotel lobby.
I used to be a bit worried about him - Jeffrey, I believe? - and Jackie since they're getting along but she once texted me that the guy had that huge crush on another female coworker so I calmed down since.
"Yes, sir?"
"I was wondering if you could help me with something?"
"That's what I'm here for, your highness." He assures me.
"Good. Hum... could you give me Jackie's address?"
He knits his eyebrows together.
"I'm afraid I cannot give confidential information about the employees to consumers, sorry."
"I get it", I whisper as I lean closer to him, "but I want to take her on a date."
His eyes widens. I smirk: that either means Jackie told him about me or that he teases Jackie about me. 
"You mean you're interested in Jackie Colemam?"
I didn't know her last name up until now, but whatever.
"Yes. Can you help me now?"
"I still can't tell you her address, though. But... I can print the itinerary for you."

I'm starting to like this Jeffrey guy.