4. Jackie

I take the freeway and I can't help being excited. I'm driving super attractive royals around. Could this day get any better?

Sure can! Marie-Claire and I happen to have a lot in common. She rapped with me through the entire Nicki Minaj song and she just knows everything about cars, music and fashion. She even got to meet Beyonce once. Needless to say, I almost forced her to tell me everything.

Alexandra doesn't seem to be fond of me but Marie-Claire quickly turned into MC and Ricky keep smirking whenever I meet his cerulean eyes, so I don't worry about the older royal sibling for now.

"Guys, I start, can I have some of your genes? How come none of you have dark eyes, it's so unfair!" I whine, smiling. "My mom isn't even black!"
"Well, you got them gorgeous locks, just look at them floating around!" beams MC.
"I guess we can say you are all beautiful." states the prince, side eyeing me.

I blush and turn up the volume a little to end the conversation.
"What's this?" wonders Alexandra when she hears the song playing.
"You don't know Drake's new songs?"
"Oh, I meant your face. It just turned bright red. Maybe that's something else you should ask for at the genes genie. "
Pretty sure she said on purpose because I blush even more now. And now the car is silent. Oh God.

The princess is low key a mean girl.

"Well, that was a low blow", says the prince after a while.
I risk a glance to my right and catch prince Ricky staring. I quickly stare back at the road.
"Where are you bringing us?" He says again.
"Well, to the beach, that's where you wanted to go." I reply, rolling my eyes.
"Okay, Missy over here has a hard time controlling her attitude."
"Whatchu gonna do about it, huh? I'm the one holding the steering wheel."
"Relax, Jackie, I'm just teasing."
"I hope so."
I hear him chuckle but he doesn't add anything else.

"Alright your highnesses, time to taste the ocean!"
About an hour later, we are finally here: I want them to check out San Francisco once we're done at the beach.
"So there really isn't much to do at Oakland?" snorts Alexandra when she gets out of the car.
"Honestly, I'm surprised you guys aren't scared to stay there, rumor has it it's quite dangerous. High muder rate and gangs and all that jazz." I say, eyeing her with all my sass.

Which means a lot, because she keeps her mouth shut. Great.

I grab my bag, lock the doors (and put down the roof, I'm not taking any chances) and lead the way to the beach.
"Ricky, are you okay?" wonders MC behind me.
I turn around only to be met with Ricky's gorgeous gaze.
"Nice outfit." he compliments me.
I mumble thank you while turning back to the front, my face flustering. I do look great with my see-through red lace dress, my matching Toms and my cream one-piece bathing suit underneath my dress. Since I didn't get up in the car, I was okay with going out that exposed, since I wasn't planning on bathing for too long at the beach but still knew how hot it would be today. Just another day in California.

When we reach the gates, I can't stop smirking. After what happened in the car, now they'll really be surprised.
"We have to pay?" asks MC, clearly surprised.
"Chill guys, I got this."
I flash four passes to the machine and the green light goes on.
"Lemme guess, your brother owns this?" sighs Alexandra.
I like it when haters are done hating.
"No, I just took them online." I burst out laughing. "But I did get a discount thanks to my..."

Speaking of the devil, my friend Jerry pops up right then.
"Jackie!" he shouts.
I wave at him and run to his arms. I can still see the royals inquisitive faces.
"Jerry, this is Marie-Claire, Ricky and Alexandra. They're from Hispaniola. Guys, this is my bro Jerry.
"Bro?"
"I was about to say homie but I'm afraid they wouldn't have got the reference."
Ricky comes closer to us and says:
"You never wondered how come we speak English so well?"
"I do, how come?"
"We lived here for a few years."
"Really?" Both me and Jerry say.
"Yeah, down in D.C. so we know our slang."
"But don't you speak like three languages before English?"
The three official languages of Hispaniola are Creole, French and Spanish. I know that thanks to my parents, who travelled there several times.
"That's just how awesome we are." MC flips her hair.
I grin and so does MC. Indeed they are.
"Well, I'll have to go, I got a date with Jayda." Jerry excuses himself.
Jerry was dating that girl from our high school for almost two years now. They were really cute together.
"How is she by the way?"
"Almost 18. I don't know what's the big deal to her, but she can't stop talking about it. I'll give you a call if I can't find a decent present."
"Alright man, take care and say hi to Jayda for me."
"Okay, you guys go and have fun! Don't drown while I'm gone!"

He leaves, jogging. He must be really looking forward to this date.
"He's not your boyfriend?" MC peeps.
"Haha, oh no. I like taller guys. Besides, we're really just good friends."

Alexandra eyes me suspiciously, then her brother. Ugh, she is too clever for me. Yes, prince Ricky happens to be like 6'5 and being myself quite tall, it is a huge turn on for me, however I'm not looking for trouble. I just want a good time at the beach today.

"Well, whatchu waiting for?" Let's go!" I motion them to get settle down so we can go swim faster.
MC leads the way next to me, while Alex and Ricky are taking their time behind us.
"I don't like her." I can hear Alex say.
"I do, so leave her alone. It won't be the last time you'll see her around." mutters the prince, but I still hear.

My heart almost stops beating when I hear that. He likes me! My ego was definitely bruised after the princess's remarks, but the prince managed to make me forget about it.

We lay down the towels on the sand and Alexandra and Ricky automatically sit down on them. MC pouts.
"I thought we came to swim? We can sleep at the hotel as well, and it's not like we can tan!"
"I can." huffs Alexandra.
"I'll come with you, MC, I'll catch up with you in the water." I tell her.
She smiles and runs to the waves. I turn back and face Ricky. I present my hand to him.
"Your highness? I don't think you came here for your tan, did you?"
He grins and takes my hand to get up. He doesn't let go once he's on his feet though.
"Do I have to?" He whines.
I drag him to the water as an answer - which is rather hard when you're not as tall and heavy. I take off my shoes and stare at him until he remembers he still has a T-shirt on him.
"Oh right!" he says before taking it off in front off me.

The guy is so hot, I cannot.

And the fact that he is covered in tattoos doesn't help my case. Not to mention his really built torso.

Lord help me.

He tossed his shirt next to my Toms and stretches himself. I get tired of waiting and jump into the water. It's not too cold so I keep my body under the waves. Suddenly a wave hits my head. I wipe the water off my eyes and turn around only to meet Ricky's signature grin.

I pull him by the hand and he falls under the water right when MC joins us.