Chapter 4

Hey all hope you enjoy this edited chapter.

Thanks to my amazing editor @addictedtosleep.

Enjoy

Lou♥

About 45 minutes later we safely pulled up outside what one would describe as themost gorgeous house one could only dream of. The whole driveway was bricked, the bordering sweet essence of lilies on either side with fresh green grass over the whole lawn. The gigantic two story house, what I couldn't believe was my new humble abode was all bright and refreshing with pretty expensive looking marbled ridges.

The door was a tall and wide double doors, just like they have in princess castle books, and on the white front porch, was a pretty lady dressed in a pencil skirt and matching blazer stood, giving us a bashful grin, she must be our realtor. Mum really went to the top with our new place.

As we walked closer, my legs already giddy and the smile etched on my face unwavering, I noticed an envelope and a small box in her hand. Must be our house keys and the documents... I wondered.

"Mrs. Thomas," the woman nodded at mum politely, "I'm Janine, your realtor, and it is my utmost pleasure to finally meet you." She spoke in her posh accent, bringing forth her hand for mum to shake.

I watched my mum inwardly cringe at the suffix Janine used but she quickly recovered herself, shaking the woman's hands with a nod.

"Oh, please call me Sophie, after all Mrs. Thomas is my mother's name!" they both let out a chuckle at that, "And who do we have here?" Janine said addressing me, "This must be your gorgeous daughter... Lina." I just blushed, like the shy person that I am, and gave her a warm smile, shaking her hand just like mom did.

"Well here you go, Sophie." She said handing us the envelope, here you will find a map of the town, and the school and emergency places are highlighted already. It shows the easiest and safest routes for getting in town and how to get to the school."

"Thank you so much, dear, I know it was really last minute but I'm glad you could help us out in time of need." Mum whispered, her eyes looking sad and tired. Janine nodded fondly, giving my mum an unexpected hug and walked towards her car and with a wave she was off, leaving the two of us to ourselves.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going, mum. I want to desperately check out this place!" I whined, grabbing her hand and pulling her to the front door.

I nudged my mum to finally open the door and she obeyed stepping inside first, with me following behind. An involuntary gasp escaped my mouth as soon as I closed the front door and got a proper look of my new home or should I say, castle. The house was truly amazing; there was a huge living room with the latest electronics and grandeur practically oozing out of every surface, the plush couches in the middle framing the whole color theme in the room efficiently whilst the other side visible to me was what one could only fathom as a chef's dream kitchen, the whole Master Chef Kitchenette with all the cooking appliances you could practically think of, on the other side.

I was gaping at how my life had taken a sudden turn for the riches, finding my mum beside me mirroring my feeling implacably. Without any further ado, I ran through the house toward the other end, where according to my mother were the rooms for us to live in, and I knew I had to pick the perfect bedroom just suiting my taste. The first room I came across was very posh, gorgeous, to say the least and had a subtle cream and red-orange theme going on, accompanied by huge double doors from the passageway. There were huge translucent wall size windows which opened out to get back to the front of the house. The room would be excellent for mum, but it didn't really give off a vibe of a currently free and happy teenager.