Chapter 6 (sick)

I open my eyes and see Grayson running all around getting things. I try to sit up but my body won't let me.

"G-Grayson."

"Hey Braelynn. How are you feeling?"

"Good I think. Why did I pass out?"

"I think it's because you breathed in too much smoke. Your getting sick."

"What are we going to do?"

"I'm going to go to a pharmacy. It's almost 10 so there won't be anyone there."

"Do you have to go?"

"Yea. You need to get better. There a blankets next to you if you get cold while I'm gone and there is some food. Don't get up at all!"

"Okay. Please be careful."

"I will"

I hugged Grayson then he climbed out of the tree house and ran away. While he was gone I took a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes and see my foster brothers. They turn around and hit me over and over again.

"Help me!!! Please!!! Grayson!"

"He can't help you. Your ours now. You can't do anything about it."

My foster dad came and punched me then stabbed me with glass. They all walked away while I cried in pain with glass stuck in my flesh.

"GRAYSON!!! Please. Pl...ease. Gr....ayson"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shh it's okay Brae. I'm here."

I open my eyes and realize I was dreaming. Grayson is next to me with his arms around me.

"I'm sorry. I had a bad dream."

"It's okay. I'm here. Your safe."

I share the blanket with Grayson and cuddle up next to him. He was stroking my hair while I started coughing again.

I kept coughing and then I coughed up blood. We both looked at each other with fright in our eyes. Both of us didn't say anything.