Chapter 13 (4th of july part 1)

"Wake up Braelynn."

"No. Five more minutes"

"Nope. It's your birthday baby. You gotta get up"

I rolled over and faced Grayson. He was holding Lexy who was asleep in his arms.

"Good morning sleeping beauty"

"Morning"

Grayson kissed me then Lexy woke up crying. I took her and got her a bottle.

"You look good with a baby"

"Well there were a lot of babies at the foster home so I helped around."

"We are going to celebrate today"

"And what will we do"

"Anything you want"

"Well I don't want you moving around to much."

"I'll be fine okay."

Once Lexy finished her bottle I changed her diaper then put her in a really cute dress.

Grayson was making my birthday dinner but then we heard people walking so we hid in the room.

"Fourth of July. There's going to be a lot of fireworks"

"Yup. I still can't believe that girl is still missing. She is what.....16 today?"

"Yea. It's been a year. She probably is dead."

"Well I feel bad for her parents. I guess only her mom died. She lost her memory is the crash and forgot about her father. He was so hurt that he had other people care for her."

"Wow. That terrible"

"Yea. And her father is still searching for her"

We heard the men walk away then I ran out of the room. My father is still alive? He can't be. He died in the crash.

"Braelynn. Are you okay?"

I turned around and faced Grayson with tears streaming down my face.

"No. I'm not. My dad can't be alive still. He can't be!"

Grayson ran up to me and hugged me. I was crying hysterically into his shirt. I would have remembered my dad.

I know I would have. He is my dad.