Chapter 11 (wake up)

Night after night I changed Grayson's bandages. He still hasn't woken up. It's been 2 weeks. What if he is dead.

It's my fault. All my fault. I should have hurried up like he told me too or not have made so much noise.

"Grayson, I'm so sorry."

I hold his hand and cry. That's all I have been doing. Lately I hear a lot of men in the woods. They are searching for me.

I don't understand why my foster family is still having people look for me. It's almost been a year.

Speaking of which my birthday is coming up. It's July 4 (yes I know I was born the forth of July. Lucky me)

Today is July 2. I miss Grayson. Even though he is here, he isn't awake. That's what I want on my birthday. For Grayson to be awake.

Dr. Tracey stops over a lot and checks on him. She said I did good on the removal of the bullet.

"So listen. I have a new born daughter. I have no one to look after her so I was wondering if you could for maybe a week."

"Umm yea sure. You just need to give me diapers, food, and clothes for the week"

"Okay thank you. I'll be back tomorrow"

"Bye"

When Dr. Tracey left I went back to Grayson and fell asleep. I had a dream that my parents were still alive and we were a happy family.

But that's the thing. It was only a dream.