Chapter 1

Stacey Robertson in picture
____________________________________________________________

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Los Angeles International Airport. Local time is 03:00pm and the temperature is 65 degrees. On behalf of Mango Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day." The air hostess's voice echoed through the plane as I landed in America. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt, grabbed my bag and waited to exit the plane.

I'm wearing skinny blue jeans to hide the bruises on my skin and a white tank top with a cardigan over the top to hide scars paired with some comfortable white sandals. My chest and face has a lot of makeup on to hide the brushing and scars and my hair is done up in a simple ponytail. 

The sky is so sunny and I can feel it's going to be great starting a new life here. I have already stolen all the money from my parents and the $5 in my sisters purse. I have also taken my parents credit cards and transferred all their money into my bank account they didn't even know I had.

I have one huge bag of clothes in it and a backpack with other small things needed that didn't fit into my suitcase such as money and small snacks. It's nearing the beginning of Christmas holidays so I need to get a hotel room now before it's too late. I also needed to get a good enough job to keep me going in life.

As I exit the baggage claim, I feel lonely as I see people all waiting for their family, friends, significant other or just holding a sign waiting for the business man/woman.  It's stupid to feel lonely for that reason but my whole life I was forbidden to have any sort of relationships with any man. I haven't even been kissed before let alone lost my virginity.

"Taxi!" A yellow taxi pulls up next to me asking me where I want to go.

"Hi, yes, um. Can you please take me to a hotel - not too cheap and not too expensive."

"Sure thing madam."

The next thing I know I'm being shook awake. "Madam, we're here. The Quartz hotel. Not too cheap, not too expensive."  Oh damn well I must've fallen asleep. I don't sleep well on planes so I am majorly jet lagged.

"Oh, um, well thank you for that." I rid my eyes of sleep as I rub them with my fingers. I pull out a $2 note from my pocket too lazy to take money out my backpack and pay the taxi driver the money and while he drives off laughing, I have no idea why, I examine the hotel.  It's actually quite pretty.

Around me people are all walking around minding their own business. Taxis and cars are all hooting at each other in the traffic and lights are starting to come on due to the darkness of the proceeding night. Shops with beautiful clothes on display in the windows and the smell of different restaurants food mixes together. The loud voices around me and the pitter-patter of small raindrops starting to fall from the sky wake me from my trance of admiring the beauty of the city.

I reach down to grab my bag full of clothes next to me but end up nearly falling over because my bag is not there. I look to my left, my right, behind me. My bag... Is fucking gone.

"Ahhhhh!" Now I know why he was laughing. People around me stare at my sudden outburst but I'm too angry to care. Everything was so perfect but know it just goes downhill. "Just calm Stacey you still have your backpack, there is nothing to worry about, you can buy clothes tomorrow."

I enter the hotel and walk up to the check in desk. "Hi, can I have a room for one please. No suites just an ordinary room." The lady looks up at me and smiles a fake smile. Her face is caked with makeup and her shirt is so tight I am pretty sure her boobs are about to fall out. "Sure thing darling, just give me a second."

She writes some things in her book and checks the computer. "That would be $37.00 per night. Is that okay?"

"Yes that's fine thank you." I start to dig in my bag for my purse. When I finally get it I open it up to see... Nothing.  No clothes and now no money. I stand there looking into my purse unable to speak or move or even breathe. "Ma'am are you okay?" She says with fake interest.

Not being able to look up or speak, I overcame my frozen legs, turned around and walked out the door. "What the fuck life! You have treated me like shit all these years and if that wasn't enough you fucking made me lose everything! What did I ever do to you you fucking piece of shi-" "Ma'am, I'm afraid if you don't stop shouting outside of this hotel I'm going to have to call the police."

"Yes. I'm do apologize sir. I will go now." I say through clenched teeth, resisting the need to back chat him. I don't need to add going to jail on my list of bad things happening to me since I was born do I.

It's not like me to cry. But at the moment I felt as though everything around me is falling apart. The rims of my eyes had water in them and my nose begun to run. I turned down a small ally and sobbed. It was like Niagara Falls. I cussed, I cried and I cussed some more. Nothing was going right for me and at this moment I just wanted to die.