Chapter 24

This song perfectly describes Jayce and Satceys relationship
__________________________________________________________________________________

Did I go to my room and cry my eyes out? Yes I did. Did I care? Yes I did. Why did I care? Because I let him get to me. You see after six months of trying to convince myself that he is an arrogant bastard and I don't need him in my life, he somehow still gets to me.

The obvious signs that I should hate him are there however the small things that only can be seen if analyzed and focused on are also. The way every time he hits me he makes a face regretting his action. Not like when he would hit an enemy. Or how he let me win because he knew he deserved it or because somehow he knew that I was building up this tension and anger that needed to be let out on someone he gave me a little push and willingly let me beat him up. The way his eyes dart towards my mouth when I speak or whenever he insults me his eyes shoot off to the side indicating he's probably lying. And pinch me if I'm overlooking these things but I cannot get him out of my head.

He's like a ghost haunting my mind. Always making comparisons between him and another hot guy or his fighting with another guards fighting skills or his muscles with another persons muscles. It just doesn't stop!

Today I am getting put into my team. I'm so anxious and scared because the whole gang is spread out in the gym, from the lower ranked to the higher ranked, waiting to see where I will be placed. Apparently they all gather whenever someone is getting placed. I have been training for so long to get into the HR and rejoin with the people who captured me. I know, romantic right?

I definitely don't wanna placed in the LR because all the lower ranks have to do is protect the house and garden from people escaping or coming in however I kinda know that Jayce won't be stupid enough to put me there since I beat everyone in the gang.

The MR's are okay to get placed into but we all know that's not where I wan to be. They are the ones who take care of the mediocre jobs such as trading the drugs, weapons, and as horrible as this might sound, people. I know I was horrified with the idea of trading people too but apparently it makes the most money and with my ranking I didn't think it would be smart to object against it.

Now the HR's are where my heart lies. I desperately want to be placed there and I have a gut feeling that I might be. They are the ones who do the difficult jobs such as finding and killing the people who do not pay on time or supervising over the lower and medium ranks in case they make mistakes. They also help wherever anybody is struggling. There are only 5 people in the HR, you know who they are. There used to be 6 however the incident with Jayce and Andrews brother, James, narrowed it down to 5.

Of course there are also the servants who work around the house like a chef or medic and maids. I know what you're thinking, why was the doctor not there when Jayce was shot? I asked that question too but Alice said he got killed when they were on another mission and they had asked him to come with because they knew someone was going to get hurt. Little did they know it was the doctor who was going to get hurt. But now they have a new doctor after what happened to Jayce.

Jayce, with many bruises on his face, steps onto the fighting ring and begins his speech while myself and Alice are standing in the crowd with everyone else awaiting the placing. "Good evening everyone. We are all gathered here today because a new member wishes to join Risen Demons. Her name is Stacey Robertson. For five months she has been training and for the previous month she has been battling the top five fighters in order to see where she stands. Now as most of you may know she beat everyone." A few gasps and whispers could be heard throughout the crowd.

"Yes even myself. She has excelled in every way possible so this may not come as a surprise when myself and everyone else in this room welcome you, Stacey Robertson, into the Risen Demons and of course in to the Higher Ranks." Everyone cheers loudly as Alice shoves me into the ring and I walk over to Jayce. He shakes my hand and gives me a small smirk before grabbing my hand and lifting it up in the air as if I won a wrestling match and the crowd goes wild! Jokes, they just clap and a few whistles are heard.

Afterwards I find myself sitting on my balcony staring out into the garden admiring its beauty when Alice comes in. "Congratulations once again my dear you have done a splendid job." She says with a terrible British accent but I laugh anyway.

"Thank you darling. That is much appreciated." I say in an equally terrible British accent. "What are you doing out here? It's kinda cold and nearly time for dinner. I'm so hungry, like I've been waiting for hours to get food."

"I don't know. Just thinking, it is quite cold though you're right." I answer quietly staring out into the open air watching my breath turn into water vapor before my very eyes and then admiring the night yet again. Since my room is on the third floor I have an amazing view of the garden, moon and stars.

"Are you kidding? It's fucking freezing so get inside before you get a cold you weirdo." Alice shouts before pushing me inside my room and shutting both the doors and curtains. "Now since I have prevented you from dying of hypothermia you have to prevent me from dying of starvation so come on bitch! We gonna eat till we explode!" Her shouts are mixed with the sound of my laughter as we bound down stairs towards the dining room to feast on whatever the chef is cooking.

.

Guess what?! I just got wifi today! Yay!! What do you think about the story? Please let me know my awesome supporters. It means the world to me when you message me. Haha lol I'm so lonely. Jokes enjoy