Chapter 10

"What the fuck is going on here!" Uh oh what do I do. He most likely won't believe she started it I mean come on. But before I could even claim my innocence Mrs. Goldigger over here speaks before me, or rather sobs her statement.

"I-it was t-t-terrible! She came up to me and started to - to - to HIT me for no r-reason. I tried getting away but she p-pulled me down and when I finally got up to run you walked in." And then Niagra Falls happened but all I could do was sit staring at the bitch slack jawed.

"Is this true Stacey?" I slowly turned to face the voice not bothering to close my mouth. The voice led me to Jayce, I closed my mouth and clenched my jaw looking deep into his eyes silently asking him if I could spill the beans. I didn't want to get beaten for supposed lying. But to my surprise he gives me a small nod as if to tell the truth.

"Does it look like she's telling the truth," I start." I probably have two handprint marks on my face and she was about to kick me in the ribs. From the second I met her everyone could plainly see she didn't like me and the fact that she only burst into tears now isn't suspicious? If you don't believe me ask one of the guards but I swear to god I have been framed." By the end I was out of breath and still sitting on the floor.

Jayce looked at me with a smirk but I have no idea why however when I looked over at Logan he had a hard look on his face before he turned and walked over to one of the guards. They exchanged a few words before Logan turned back around this time looking a bit sad for some reason.

"Roxanne," he starts not looking at her but looking at the wall," I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She starts to say something but he interrupts her still not looking at her," not just the room. I want you to pack your bags and leave the house, I will be filing for divorce tomorrow." It looks like it pains him to say so but I'm happy he did.

The guard must have not only told him how the fight started but also about how Goldigger thought about him. I actually felt kinda bad for him.

As Jayce turns and helps me up off the floor I watch Roxanne's reaction. At first she looks stunned then she looks angry then the next thing you know she's running towards me but Jayce steps in front of me protecting me for some unknown reason. She lets out a scream of anger before storming out the room and nearly killing the poor guard from her death glare.

"I am so sorry for the inconvenience today, it was totally unexpected and I do hope your marriage goes better than mine. I am afraid that I am going to have to postpone this dinner but I will definitely think about your offer Jayce. Here let me walk you out." Logan states. At first I thought he was going to be this really mean I'll tempered man but I guess I was wrong. Don't judge a book by its cover.

I'm clinging onto Jayce because I felt as though I'm going to fall over. I guess the thought of getting beaten yet again has bought up unwanted memories causing me to freeze and if it weren't for Jayce I would still be sitting on the floor.

As he walks us out he gives Jayce an envelope as to which I am very interested in but let it pass. For now... "Miss Stacey it was very nice to meet you and wonderful seeing you again Jayce until next time." We all say our goodbyes, Jayce leads me to the car and I get in.

"Hey are you ok?" He asks sincerity in his voice as he gets in the car. I nod feeling as though if I talk my voice would let me down and I would start to cry. It's not because I've been hit because by now I'm pretty used to that, it's because although Roxanne was a bitch I could see how Logan loved her and now that I have revealed her true colours he finally sees through her 'perfect' mask and onto the bitch she truly is. I just broke up a relationship and I feel bad.

However Jayce doesn't see through the real meaning to my nod so he starts the car and pulls out the driveway to start our trek back to his house. I look down at my hands and notice the ring wondering if I should give it back. Well of course I should I'm not actually marrying him and this ring must have cost millions so I scavenge around the car trying to find the box.

When I finally find it I hesitantly take off the ring and place it carefully in the box and then look over at Jayce to see if he's gonna take his ring off. He opens his mouth to say something but then closes it. He does this three times before finally letting out a loud sigh and roughly taking off his ring and giving it to me. Hmm, strange. Maybe he wanted to keep his on. But that would look weird, it would be like he's engaged to no one or even himself.

When he gives me the ring I place it delicately next to mine and close the velvet box before putting it into the cupholder in the car hoping he would remember it's there. This has been an interesting night. First I go to a dinner then I meet a chick who clearly doesn't like me, I get hit, break up a marriage and we didn't even get dinner. Dinner, DINNER! Food. Food, FOOD! As if on time my stomach grumbles and I look over at Jayce before saying," Hey can we stop at Mac Donald's please?" He laughs at my stupidity before surprisingly agreeing.

Now imagine this: Mac Donald's is not very formal and the one we went to sadly didn't have a drive through so Jayce and I had to walk in through the front door. Him in a hella fancy tuxedo and me in a really poofy fancy black dress walking through Mac Donald's front door and ordering 2 large burgers with a side of fries and two regular sodas. Can you imagine it? I wouldn't but it happened to me so I guess I have to believe it. I didn't expect the day to end like this but looking over at Jayce, I'm glad it did.