Chapter 12

Jayce's bedroom
__________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes were closed but I was awake. My body was in slight agony so I didn't move however I was extremely uncomfortable and my mouth was as dry as the Sahara desert. After a few more minutes I decided that sooner or later I had to get up. So I tried but there was one slight problem. Something heavy was draped over my torso. Something heavy, fleshy, muscly, tanned, joined to a hand and a body and - Jayce!

"Eeeeehh!" Completely forgetting about my pain I squealed causing me to fall off the bed taking the duvet down with me. What the hell was he doing in my bed? Wait - what the hell was I doing in his bed?

"Mmdhhaki." I heard coming from the bed above me. "What the fuck Stacey. Are you okay?" Very little sincerity in his voice. "Why am I in your room Jayce?" I quickly peek under the duvet."And who changed me?!" I'm so confused right now.

His mouth forms a "o" shape before he responds. "Well after last nights previous happenings we bought you to the infirmary where they found out you had a kind of shock thing that probably occurred from previous events or something I wasn't really concentrating but then I bought you back here in my room so I could watch over you incase it happened again. Oh and Alice changed your clothes." Suddenly everything came back to me but I quickly shook it out my head.

"Why didn't I just stay in Alice's room?" She could watch over me. He looked kinda confused and struggling to find an answer to my question so eventually he changed the subject. "Just get back on the bed ok." I sighed but reluctantly agreed so I climbed back onto the bed carefully and pulled the duvet up with me turning my back towards him.

As soon as I did so Jayce unexpectedly wrapped his arm back around my torso. I stiffened unsure of what to do but eventually I relaxed and went with the flow. "Hey um, what happened, you know..." He didn't finish his sentence but I knew what he was asking. He was asking what had happened to me in my past but there was only one problem.

"You already know don't you?" I felt him stiffen beside me confirming my suspicions. I knew this would happen. He was a smart and rich man and he knows my first name. If he knew my first name he could look it up on the system, find my picture and research my background.

Silent tears ran down my face as I thought about how he could just invade my privacy like that. "Hey listen, I'm sorry ok I just wan-" he started before I cut him off."I don't care. You got what you wanted." It was barely a whisper but I knew he heard it so I got off the bed and started back to my room. He didn't stop me which made me think either he got what he wanted and doesn't care about me or he feels bad. Hopefully it's the second one.

As I make my way back to my room in the large t-shirt and short pajama pants that Alice dressed me in, I realize that I don't want to go back to where my accident happened so instead, I make my way down to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

Entering the kitchen I see both Andrew and Alice talking happily in the corner. I mentally Awed at them, they look like such a cute couple. Alice laughed loudly at something Andrew said and I giggled at her reaction which caused her to look in my direction and wave like a wild woman.

"Hey Stacey! Are you feeling better? I was so worried about you. Last night you were screaming and I tried to comfort you but you pushed me away and started shouting at me I was so scared for you." At first she was relived that I wasn't dead but by the end she was near tears.

"Ya I'm feeling much better thank you Al. I'm sorry for pushing you away I really didn't know what I'm doing. But thank you for trying and also for changing me. I would've died of embarrassment if I found out your brother changed me." I giggled and thankfully she did too. I didn't want her to feel as though I was mad at her or make her feel sad.

She was probably the only person I trusted in this place. Which made me wonder why I no longer had guards constantly watching me. Did Jayce trust that I wouldn't run away or is it because he now knows my past and knows I have nothing to go back to?

Then all of a sudden Jayce walks through the door in a pair of black jeans, a tight white shirt and some all stars. 'Speak of the devil and he shall appear' I though. While Andrew, Alice and Jayce all talk I grab a bowl of coco pops and headed outside to sit on the porch and think.

In the midst of my thinking a pair of heavy footsteps come outside and sit on the chair next to mine, I knew it was Jayce. "I'm sorry. It really wasn't my business but it's just that when I heard someone was on my territory uninvited and was actually a woman it made me curious and I wanted to know more. But when I found out you were a stubborn one that wouldn't give us answers," he gave a chuckle and in the corner of my eye I saw him look at me as I tried my hardest not to cave in,"it made me even more curious as to what you were hiding and I couldn't help myself when I found out your name." His smile faltered.

I finally turned to him studying him carefully trying to work out whether to forgive him or not. Eventually after what felt like hours,"I forgive you for looking because that's probably what I would do but I'm not forgiving you for trying to force it out of me ." That's all I said before I stood up and walked back inside not even looking at his reaction. Hopefully he got what I meant by forcing it out of me, you know, the torture. It may take me a while before I fully forgive both Jayce and Andrew.