Chapter 18

When we all finally got to the office door I quickly unlocked it and we ran inside only to find the intruder still tied to the chair except lying on the floor looking very uncomfortable. At first we all stood still, watching as the person struggles on the floor but eventually Jayce spoke up.

"Well for gods sake, someone help him up." He says clearly exasperated. See I knew it looked like a him.

Andrew and Blade immediately go to help the person up. While they help the trespasser up I take a quick glance at Jayce wondering why he would just boss them around like that. I know he is hurt but a please would be nice.

He has a very intimidating look in his eyes and his stance. Even though he had been shot just moments earlier, he still looked extremely good looking and you could never guess he just got shot. That is if you ignored all the blood stained on his clothes.

"Who are you?" Jayce asks practically death staring the masked man tied to the chair. Once the man didn't answer Jayce gave Andrew a slight nod and as if they were having an inside conversation Andrew practically rips the mask off the mans exposing his face to the five of us.

The man has blonde hair and a slightly round face. He's sort of nice looking but compared to Jayce he's like a slimy frog. Okay maybe I'm over exaggerating but you know what I mean.

"Who sent you?" Jayce asks using the same tone he used on me when I arrived. Just thinking back gives me the chills and I feel a bit weak in the knees from nerves but I stay quiet and observe.

The man still tied to the chair doesn't respond but instead spits directly towards where Jayce is standing however because of the distance between them it doesn't reach him. This makes Jayce somehow radiate anger causing chills to soar through me. I personally would not want to be on the other side of his death stare right now. "Stacey, go join Alice in her room and don't come out. Understand?" Jayce says not even glancing in my direction but focusing his gaze directly on the man.

"What? No! I-" I started but quickly got cut off by Hannah roughly grabbing me by the arm and forcing me through the door. I wriggled and complained throughout the little adventure towards Alice's room however when we got there I gave her one more grumble before she pushed me through the door and locked it behind me.

'Why would he just kick me out like that? I wasn't doing anything wrong. Does he really think he can just boss me around! It's not like he owns me! Sometimes I wonder why I shouldn't have just run away, but then I remember how I got into this mess in the first place and realize that even if I did run away I would have nothing to run to. Hmm. Maybe he does own me in a way...'

"Stacey, why are you in my room death staring my door?" A tired voice asks me from behind making me jump and nearly scaring me to death. "Jesus Al! I nearly had a heart attack. I thought you were asleep."

Instead of apologizing she starts to laugh and instead of me being angry at her, I start to laugh too. That is until we heard a gunshot, then everything went silent.

"That's not who I think that was at the end of that gunshot was it?" I asked Alice but of course she was asleep ever since Jayce fell asleep so she doesn't know what happened in the time where he woke up. "Uhm, well after you went to bed, a while later Jayce woke up then we checked if he was okay and I asked him what happened which reminds me, what do you guys do for a living because I don't think people normally get shot at a normal business meeting..."

"I'll let Jayce tell you but tell me the rest." Alice rushed out completely avoiding the question.

"Okay... Anyway so when he was about to tell me we heard something upstairs and we all ran up after I told the, what it was. We got there and of course it was a dude who, when we unmasked him, was pretty average looking," Alice just stared at me with a 'really' look so I just continued, "but when Jayce asked him questions he didn't answer and then I was forced into your room and told not to come out then you scared me half to death and you know the rest."

By the end of the story Alice looked like she had caught up. "Now please tell me what you guys do for a living. I won't tell anyone if it's illegal I mean who can I tell." I begged her. She looked at me carefully as if analyzing me before eventually saying,"Fine but you have to promise not to tell Jayce I told you. Or Andrew. Or Blade and Hannah. Or-" I cut her off before she could go on about who not to tell.

"Okay I get it, not even the plants or the water or the birds in the sky. It's a complete secret and I won't tell no one. I promise." Alice looked satisfied with my answer so she begun telling the story.

"Well you see, my great grandfather, his wife and their son all worked in a small company for money however when it got closed they couldn't find anywhere to get an income to survive. So they started a g-" yet again she got cut off however not by me, by an idiot unlocking and opening the door.

"Hey ladies were making breakfast you wanna join." Blade asks opening the door to let us out. Now I am really interested in what these people do for a living and since we got interrupted I am yet to find out.

"We'll come now Blade just give us a minute okay." I smile at him and gently close the door before running and jumping on the bed next to Alice signaling for her to continue.

"Okay so they had to find a way to make money so they started a g-" she repeated yet once again got cut off by the devil himself.

"Gang." He states with a blank face. "Will you shut it! We've been interrupted a thousand times so could you please just let me figure out what the hell you people do for a livin- oohhh."

Thanks a million for all the amazing comments and support. Hope you have an amazing day today. Don't forget to vote and comment you beautiful chinchillas <3

.