Chapter 23

"Ah shit!" Screamed the pained voice of Andrew as I delivered another low blow into his torso. It has been nearly six months since I started training and nearly five months since the incident with Jayce. After he had hit me, I woke up in my bedroom with a  minor concussion and a huge bump and bruise on the side of my head. Of course it hurt like a bitch however I had to suck it up and continue training.

I have completed both self defense and weapon training and am about to finish fighting training. I am so close to the end of training and then I will be able to start the missions with everybody. Alice told me that Jayce said that if I am good enough I can do the major missions with himself and the rest of the top fighters such as Alice, Blade, Hannah and Andrew so I have been working myself to the bone to try get to the top.

I have barely seen any of my friends since the incident because according to Alice, Jayce told them they're not allowed to talk to me. Alice and I still meet in secret, Andrew always seems pained when he sees me as if he's missing me, Blade and I weren't very close however he does give me a small smile every now and then, Hannah always smirks in my direction and Jayce? Well he always keeps an emotionless face whenever I see him.

Today I am fighting Blade in the gym because it's my final test. I have beaten all of the so called 'lower ranks' (LR's) and the 'middle ranks' (MR's) so now I have to beat the 'higher ranks' (HR's). First I fought Alice. It pained me to hurt her however nearing the end I think she secretly wanted me to beat her so I could be in the HR with her so she held back a little. Next I competed with Blade. I did beat him but to be fair he is mostly the hacker of the group so his strong point isn't exactly fighting. Finally I beat Hannah. That was fun, all my training paid off and I was able to wipe that smirk straight off her face. Currently I am fighting Andrew and not in any boastful manner but I am winning.

"Ow!" Andrew shouts as I kick his legs out from under him resulting in him stumbling onto the floor with a thud and me climbing on top of him and putting him into a lock position while placing my invisible weapon next to his throat indicating that I would've killed him if this were a real match.

The sound of clapping could be heard from the doorway mixed with the small groaning of pain from underneath me. I turned to face the producer of the clapping only to find Jayce leaning against the door frame with his signature smirk fixated on his face. "Well done. You have defeated our second best fighter in the gang now let's see if you can defeat our best fighter." He says walking towards the ring.

"Can't I rest first?" I say a little out of breath from the previous fight as I let go of Blades arms and he slowly but surely climbs off stage with a few grumbles. "I highly doubt your opponent would give you time to rest out on a mission don't you think?" Jayce asks with an eyebrow raised. This is responded by a quick punch to the face to which he blocks pushing me backwards.

"Come on kitten I know you can do better than that." He says smirking yet again. I tense slightly at the nickname he had given me back when we were a 'thing' and he also was in a sort of shock of using it. This I used to my advantage as I stepped towards him and quickly upper cut him shaking him out of la-la land.

I dive sideways as he aims a punch at me, perfectly dodging his attack and successfully pulling his feet out from underneath him causing him to fall onto his back and a loud shout of pain hinted with surprise. He flips me onto the ground and straddles me proceeding to punch me in the face twice before I knee him in the groin and quickly stand up as he flops off of me a pained face and groaning is seen and heard.

I kick him in the side once however he has healed from my previous blows and grabs my ankle before I can kick again. This surprises me and in result I am thrown roughly on the ground as he regains his standing position waiting for me to get up again. This goes on for another 7 minutes.

"Wow it's amazing isn't it." He starts breathlessly as I slowly get up using the sides as support glaring madly at him as he taunts me. "That in six months of training you would think it would've paid off. But I can see it hasn't. That you're still the useless girl we found in the alley, the useless-" with all my strength and all of my will power I had somehow managed to get up off the ground and using everything within me I launched my fist at his face causing him to stumble into the corner of the ring but I didn't stop there.

I walked up to him fuming from what he had said and punched him in the stomach watching him crippled over. "I hate you." I state grabbing his chin so he can look at me in the face. "You always say I'm the useless one however I don't recall you ever making the first move or sharing any of your secrets when I have to share all of mine." Yet agin I punched him in the face. "I always trusted you yet you broke my heart." I punched him multiple times in the face until his eyebrow started bleeding and he spat blood.

"Ever since the beginning I should have listened to my gut and gone through my promise for kicking you in the balls." I say exhausted watching his equally tired body as I remember when I first got let out of my cell and told myself I would kick him in the balls. "You know what." I whisper before kicking him in the balls. "That's for being such a dick! And this is for breaking my heart asshole!" I say before I start punching and kicking him wherever I could reach before hands roughly pull me away.

It is then that I tear my eyes away from my opponent and see the audience we have attracted. News of the fight must've spread fast because the LR's, MR's and HR's are all here. Basically everyone watching with mouths agape staring silently at the fight. I rip off my bandaged hands and pull away from the person holding me back and walk up to Jayce's hunched body. Someone pulls me back thinking I will hurt him again however a sharp 'let go of me' does the trick before I grab a bunch of Jayce's hair and pull so his face is looking forward before leaning in and whispering in his ear so no one can hear me except him,"And just for the record I know you let me win. I don't know why you did but as you can feel, I kindly took advantage that." And with that I walk off stage and to my room probably to cry my eyes out.

.

Still no wifi *cries* hope you enjoyed the chapter my pixies. Let me know all about what you though. Don't forget to vote and comment xx.