Chapter 9

Top left = Roxanne, Top Right = Logan, Bottom Left = Roxanne and Logan's house, Bottom Right = Rings.
____________________________________________________________

"Why me?" He looks over at me clearly confused at my random question then quickly looks back to the road so we don't crash."Why you what?"

"Well you know; why did you kidnap me? Why did you let me out the cells? Why did you choose me to go to this dinner thing? You know, stuff like that." Without even taking a glance at me he responded,"Well why my?"

"Why my? Don't you mean why me?" I mean come on he looks well educated how can he get such a simple English thing wrong? "No, I meant why my." What?! I don't get it. He looks at me and starts to lowly chuckle at my irritated expression. Hold on, chuckle? My irritated expression then turned into one of confusion. I mean that's the first time I have ever heard him give any sort of happiness.

"Why did you walk on my territory? Why did you make my second in command convince me to let you out? You know stuff like that." He's mimicking me and answering my questions with questions that dick.

"What about the last question? Why did you choose me to go to this dinner thing." He looks me up and down after my question. "The reason is simple," I nod for him to carry on," you are going to pretend to be my fiancée. Oh that reminds me.. Put this on." He throws a little velvet box at me but I was unable to catch it as my body had frozen from his 'simple reason.'

After about 5 minutes of staring at him with my mouth agape he starts twitching in his seat clearly uncomfortable with my staring. "Are you going to put the ring on or are you going to carry on staring at me like a fish." His question shocks me as he turns in his seat to glare at me with a irritated expression.

"WHAT?! I am NOT going to pretend to be your fiancée!" I'm freaking out. What the hell! Why would he just do that?

"Yes you are princess and you have no choice in the matter." I am about about to blow the car up with my anger. Like what the fuck! He obviously noticed my anger boiling over because he tried to extinguish my anger.

"Hey listen ok, it's just for tonight don't get your panties in a twist it's not like we're actually going to get married so chill. These people are just new customers that I need to please so just do this for me - for Alice." He looks so vulnerable how did he do that. One second he's pissed the next he's practically begging me to 'marry' him. Damnit I'm a sucker for that face ugh and Alice... Why did he have to pull that card.

"Fine. But I swear to god if you irritate me I won't hesitate to blow your cover." I say searching for the box. When I finally find it i gotta say even the box is beautiful, dark purple velvet with black designs in it. Jesus Christ, if thats what the box looks like what do the rings look like. And without further delay I open the box. "Holy shit!"

"You like?"Jayce asks with a smug tone before carrying on, "I got them from one of my dealers. The black one with small diamonds is mine, yours is the one completely filled with diamonds." I can literally feel his fucking smirk.

"What the hell do you do for a living to get enough money to buy this?" The air in the car immediately gets heavy. "We're here give me the ring and put yours on, act like you love me ok? No further questions." Wow that was cold.

He parks the car as I put on the ring. "It's beautiful..." I whisper before getting out the car door that Jayce has opened for me. He takes a hold of my hand before I can register what is happening. " And finally the golden rule, do NOT embarrass me or do anything stupid." He whispers.

In front of me is a huge house with bodyguards all around it, and by what I am 100% sure is the front door, is a couple.

The lady wears a long tight red dress, she has dark brown hair and an intimidating look to her. The man is in a tuxedo just like Jayce but has dirty blond hair in a combover and much like his supposed wife, looks intimidating.

Jayce was the first to speak when we walked up to them. "Logan, Roxanne it's so nice to see you again. This is my fiancée Stacey. Babe this is Logan and Roxanne. " Well that confirms my suspicions of him overhearing about my name. Logan, although intimidating, gives me a welcoming smile however his wife looks me up and down and grimaces. Well that was rude, the smile automatically drops from my face.

"Well come inside we shall start the meeting," Logan says, " darling will you occupy lovely Stacey while Jayce and I talk business." Roxanne looks at me like I'm garbage before agreeing to his terms.

Roxanne and I walk around the very large house and into a dining room area. It has 4 large couches surrounding one tv and a couple guards spread around the room. "Gaurd! Get me a glass of wine!" She shouts. I guess I don't get a glass of wine then.

"It's a really beautiful house you have here." Trying to make conversation here but all she does is scoff. "Ad the interior is stunning." One last try. Nope she just ignores me.

"Um I'm sorry but what did I do to you to make you hate me?" I ask with a little more sass than intended. So then she looks over at me a little angered at my comment.

"Listen here Stacey, I don't care who you are to Jayce he's mine and always has been since day one. He loves me and I love him and nobody, I repeat, nobody comes in between our love! He promised me riches and getting showered in gold but I'm stuck with this moron and not with the one I truly love!" She spits out.

"Oh I get it. Your one of thooossee people. You know, a gold digger. You married this dude for his money but then Jayce became richer so now your after him when he clearly," I raise my ring finger up so she can see the diamond ring," loves another and doesn't care about you. So listen up here chika, don't touch Jayce because he is mine now and you have to stick with your moron because if you wanna take me down, your coming down right alongside me." Even though I didn't mean most of what I said, she seemed to believe me and that, my fellow readers, is how I got a red hand mark on my cheek.

"You better take that back bitch or you'll regret it." She had venom laced into her words but I didn't hear her because in the back of my head I had Jayce's golden rule telling me not to slap this bitch back harder.

She slapped me again not liking my silence to her threat knocking me off my seat and onto the floor. But just as she was about to kick me, another leg intercepted it kicking it out the way causing her to stumble to the floor.

I looked up into my heroes face, Jayce. Oh and did I mention he looked pissed.