༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 00

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀A rhythmic tapping caught the raven's attention almost at an instant, mind immediately recognizing the noise and almost on instinct scrunching his shoulders, a growl rumbling low in his throat as the hairs upon his back rose. He got into his glass-cut, dry-blooded feet and curled his lips into a snarl, pupils in slits as the shadow rounded at the corner became clear— whomever was arriving now visible in the pale, bright lights.

⠀⠀⠀Before the perpetrator could come any closer, the male bolted towards the front of the steel bars, arms outstretched towards said perpetrator, claws swiping wildly. He roared loudly as if he were an untamed beast, jaws sharp and prepared to bite. As much as he swiped, all he was doing was clawing at air, fury and rage rising at that realization. A laugh brought his attention back to the male beyond the bars.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, my. Aren't you fiesty this morning, hm?" A cunning voice questioned. His tone was deep, though held a light vibe, but no matter what his voice deceived, the dark-haired male knew better than to be tricked so easily.

⠀⠀⠀He replied with a strained growl.

⠀⠀⠀"Now, now, you know what the routine is. No matter how much you struggle, these bars will forever be no match for you. You may have an advantage, but it's quite useless." The perpetrator chuckled darkly. "Now, look pretty. You have many excited people who would love to see such a beautiful pet like you. Perhaps, today will be your lucky day. You might be bought today. Who knows, hm?"

⠀⠀⠀Sniping his jaws, the dark-haired male bounded forward. "I refuse to be owned like some object!"

⠀⠀⠀"None of that is under your control. If two million yen is given to us by someone who wants you, we won't hesitate to toss you out. Besides, you're not the only kind of your species. We have more more than just you. It just so happens you're the gleaming eye-catcher of the bunch and worth more than the rest." He said in a stone-cold tone, scarlet eyes glaring into the caged creature's irisedescent gaze. Despite the flash of slight anger and resentment, the man chuckled in amusement. "I don't know what's worse: allowing you to leave or not getting the profit we need."

⠀⠀⠀Checking the time, the man glanced down at his watch and sighed sarcastically. "Oh, well it's almost the time to begin! Let's hope and pray, shall we?" The clicking of shoes began to echo away from the raven as it vanished deeper down the halls. He held back unwanted tears, teeth clenching as well as his fingers curling the steel bars like he was prepared to crush it beneath his bare hands. "Spread out those rare and luxurious wings, beautiful beast."

⠀⠀⠀The doors unlocked, flinging ajar as a rumbling came beyond the barriers.

⠀⠀⠀"It's show time."

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

Welcome, New Readers and Old!

I've decided to create another ongoing MikaYuu fanfic that is a little more different than most of my other ones— still full of angst, though, heh

Comment your first thoughts on this prologue; all thoughts and comments are highly appreciated!

Vote / Comment / Enjoy

See you in the first chapter!

— Scarlet

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •