༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 20

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Then, things seemed to move as if time had frozen, the hands on the clock unmoving and allowing the world to be seen from a slower, more different kind of perspective. Before Yuichiro could even think to act, the golden-crisped doors flung ajar once more, emerging a surprise. Many would think the people breaking through the door were guards racing to hold Akane back from killing a valuable winged-creature, but oh, how wrong they would be.

⠀⠀⠀Flashes of different hues blurred before the raven, the movements far too rapid to follow, but even then, he already knew what it was. His inner instincts calmed, a sense of tranquility swallowing him wholly, yet a rising anxiety caused his toes to curl. Yuichiro could feel the warmth embrace him as if he were being engulfed in a hug, strong and familiar arms curling around him and encasing him, a whisper low in his ear that he was safe, he would never leave him, would never abandon him.

⠀⠀⠀His eyes watered, and nothing— not even his sore and painfully dry throat— could stop him from raising his voice to awareness, "M-Mika!"

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela didn't appear to hear him in that one moment in time— too caught up in grasping the weapon tight in Akane's hold and throwing it far from her reach. Stunned for a second, the brunette could not immediately react before she was being shoved roughly to the ground, a screech leaving her lips. With a loud cry, Guren and Shinya came rushing in to the blond's aid.

⠀⠀⠀Breathing heavily, Mikaela allowed Guren to take ahold of Akane, her body pressed low to the ground beneath her, cheeks kissing the tiles as her breaths came out in ragged shutters. Her eyes narrowed heavily, and at once, her senses came back to her through rage. She fought under Guren's weight, unsuccessful, but still managing to give the older male a tough time. Viciously, she hissed in Mikaela's direction, "What do you think you're doing?"

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela raised his eyebrows, anger suddenly washing over him, "You know damn well why I'm here, Akane! After all, you were the one captured and so-called-claimed what is mine."

⠀⠀⠀"Finally admitting you own the object?"

⠀⠀⠀"By contract, Yuichiro is mine."

⠀⠀⠀"How funny. Now, what contract are you talking about, Mister Hyakuya? Do you mean the one that has been torn and burned— a nonexistent and useless contract?" Akane snickered where she laid trapped, but despite her disadvantage, her tone still held that bitter and poisonous edge. "Besides, even if that piece of paper still existed, you would be responsible for why we chose to take the poor beast back in the first place. It came running back here as if it wanted to remember and be welcomed back into its home. It didn't seem like it wanted to be with you anymore."

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela appeared to be effected by the other female's comment, his oceanic orbs flashing a sense of hurt and remembrance to the scene. The fists at his sides tightened, and he continued with his questions, "Where is he?"

⠀⠀⠀"Who?" Akane played, a smirk on her lips.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuichiro."

⠀⠀⠀"The ugly, dark-feathered object?" Akane described bitterly. "Well, he's right behind you in chains. I wouldn't go to him just yet— he is in terrible agony from having his wings be useless."

⠀⠀⠀Time seemed to come to a stop as Mikaela whipped his head around to face him, neck jerking so rapidly that Yuichiro feared it would break. But in that moment, everything felt better. His eyes were finally on him, the man he was so eager and desperate to see now right in front of his very gaze. His vision was rather blurry, but not enough to miss the beautiful, wide orbs of his beloved owner. Yuichiro's heart warms, "Mika..."