༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 22

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro shouldn't have felt his blood begin to freeze, or maybe boil— he didn't really know. But what he did know was that he could've help but feel terror coiling within him.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro shouldn't need to care about them; they were no longer someone he could call family. They didn't trust him, never appeared to have in the past and would continue not to. They couldn't even respect his love, his attachment to Mikaela— it was like they didn't respect him at all. So, why?

⠀⠀⠀Why was he feeling terror from this?

⠀⠀⠀Why was he afraid to lose them?

⠀⠀⠀Why was he feeling anxious?

⠀⠀⠀His muscles began to curl in, tensing and tightening as his wings began to shiver. Anxiety and fear grasped his entire being like claws engraved within his flesh, and one by one, feathers fell from his wings like leaves off of trees. Nothing made sense— he shouldn't be acting like this. Yuichiro didn't even understand his own emotions anymore.

⠀⠀⠀Perhaps, it was due to all of the things they have done together, all they have gone through, all the memories they have made, that is stopping him from outright choosing Mikaela. Yuichiro could vividly remember their lives together from the moment they met up until they were separated. Shinoa was always there for him— even when she was the one who physically hurt him when they were kids. Mitsuba was there, too, to talk him out of doing something dangerous that could lead to their extinction. Yoichi and Kimizuki were there to watch over him when no one could.

⠀⠀⠀Before, when they once lived beyond cages, in the deep undergrowth of the woods, it was peaceful,  yet held danger in its own way. Their kind was always on the hunt by humans for their own personal pleasures, and it always meant they had to stay out of trouble— which also meant staying out of sight and to never interact with any humans whatsoever.

⠀⠀⠀It was no wonder their kind despised the human race, but after meeting Mikaela, Yuichiro felt he couldn't classify the blond as just a human.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela was Mikaela.

⠀⠀⠀He was his Mika.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro cursed under his breath, unable to speak just yet, but definitely knowing what to say within his racing mind. He didn't know how his offer could affect his family(?), but all he could do was hope for the best. He had to trust them with the little trust he held for them. "We can have each other— you, me, us, and Mika. I don't have to choose either one. We can become a larger family with an extra family member."

⠀⠀⠀Kimizuki scoffed, not believing what he was hearing from the raven, fangs bared, "As if we will allow a mere human to join our family. Do you even know what family is anymore, Yuichiro? We are family— we can trust each other. But to trust a human... he cannot be family. Their kind has torn us all apart."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro growled, "Mikaela may be human, but he is different. What do you not understand? He came to save me— us. Is that not enough to show he is trustworthy, loyal to us, our kind?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yuichiro. He is not family."

⠀⠀⠀"He can be—!"

⠀⠀⠀"No, he cannot—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Stop this!" Shinoa snapped.