༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 19

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀"Mikaela."

⠀⠀⠀Raising his chin higher in acknowledgment, Mikaela straightened his posture from where he was leaned against the counter. He gulped painfully, the lump in his throat growing larger as each second passed by, filling and making it more difficult to cope with. He felt pathetic. This man whom had called his name was the one person he was begging to help him, and yet Yuichiro was his responsibility. He didn't deserve his precious Yuu-chan—

⠀⠀⠀"I advise you stop feeling sorry for yourself first, Mikaela," Guren reasoned suddenly, eyes lowered to meet the other blond's oceanic orbs. "In this situation, all we can do is try to save Yuu. Emotions keep us from doing that, and they tend to slow us down. If you care for Yuu, I advise you stand up, and we can begin our plan to rescue him."

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela trembled abruptly, his breath stolen at the sound of Yuichiro's name coming from the other person's lips. Guren was right— this was no time to be dwelling in his own faults and wishes to what he could have done before— he needed to focus on what matter most. And that would be to get his love back.

⠀⠀⠀Straightening his spine, Mikaela stood up to face the rest of the group, face contorted between determination and terror, "Let's begin."

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro can't remember the last time he's felt his wings be restrained like this, tight and painful, the sensation as if his wings substituted his lungs and causing him an inability to properly breathe. He has felt something like this— a few weeks, or was it months, back before Mikaela purchased him, when he was barely holding himself together. He could remember the never-ending days as if it were yesterday, the memory so freshly engraved in his mind he was sure he could feel every painful and cold moment in the cage.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro felt sick to his stomach— Crowley, nor Akane, had fed him in a while. He didn't know whether they forgot about him, or this was just some kind of torture they wanted to inflict on him. Either way, he didn't know how much more he could take of it. His stomach growled loudly, the sound echoing throughout the cage he was locked within, hands and ankles shackled behind him as he hung by the spine of his wings. It was utterly agonizing once Crowley plunged the hook deep through his flesh, spilling blood onto the ground beneath them both whilst he screamed, both fearful and alarmed.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro couldn't stop screaming until his throat turned raw. His voice refused to be heard any longer. His tears refused to shed. His body refused to feel the pain. Now here he hung, wings utterly useless, body... utterly... useless.

⠀⠀⠀Days have past since the hook was pierced through his flesh— his body has gotten used to the itching sensation of the flesh around his wound attempting to heal itself, the muscles that once ached now forming more numb by the second. His eyes drooped down exhaustedly. Yuichiro welcomed the feeling of sleep with open arms, a chance to evade the horrors before him, to evade his starvation, his dehydration, his agony, his sorrow, his sins. Eyes a dull shade of emerald-gold-silver, he allowed his eyelids to momentarily close.

⠀⠀⠀But they wouldn't stay closed for long.

⠀⠀⠀A sudden slamming of the door to his left awakes the raven abruptly, his chin raising slightly to acknowledge the disturbance. Through his blurry vision, a flash of red and auburn moved slowly from one area to the next. Yuichiro gulped, his saliva sliding painfully slow down his sore throat. Crowley and Akane stopped just beyond the cage, expressions dark and sinister.