༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 21

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela was beginning to grow colder by the second, his skin pale as snow and his blood as if they were frozen solid. Yuichiro could feel him beneath the tips of his very fingers, how little time his lover(?) had to live before he was taken from him. His heart drummed in his chest, painfully so that he found it difficult to breathe. Akane continued her rampage, her weapon close as she swiftly tried to swipe and slice at his wings, his feathers falling and cutting in two.

⠀⠀⠀He needed to do something, and quick.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro didn't know how far he could get if he attempted to carry Mikaela out of the building and to a human hospital, but he was willing to try for his sake. His legs were weak, scarred and at the point of numbness once more, but maybe his wings could do most of the work— just maybe.

⠀⠀⠀It was then, when his wings were forcefully pried open to reveal Guren's rather beat and sweat-stained cheeks that he found dread etching up on him. "Yuu, I'll get Mikaela to the hospital as quick as I can— you save your friends with Shinya and the girls, okay?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro couldn't believe his ears.

⠀⠀⠀"No... I refuse to leave him."

⠀⠀⠀"I'm taking him to a hospital, Yuu."

⠀⠀⠀"I'm coming with you."

⠀⠀⠀"No. You're saving your friends."

⠀⠀⠀"I said I'm coming—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Isn't that what you wanted in the first place, to save your friends?" Guren interrupted harshly, his eyes fixated on the winged-creature with dead on precision. "Trust me with him— I know you're scared, but the longer we argue and wait, the faster Mikaela's death will come."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro was breathing, breathing hard. He didn't want to leave Mikaela, for he was unknowing of whether or not the man would be alive by the time he returned to see him. This would be the last time if he didn't make it, and the raven was unsure whether it was even worth saving his friends anymore. Mikaela was his savior, the man who taught him how to love and appreciate life again, not as a winged-creature, but as a living thing. He didn't know whether to risk his friends to remain by his side, or take the chance and hope he'll be alive the next time he sees him.

⠀⠀⠀Clicking his tongue in irritation, he shoves Mikaela into Guren's strong arms with tears in his eyes, "Take him. Take him and leave. Now."

⠀⠀⠀Guren nodded, smirking for a brief second before lifting the almost lightweight man into his arms and beginning to sprint out of the room and building altogether. Yuichiro watched the last strand of Mikaela's golden tresses as it vanished from his range of vision before turning back to the calamity amongst him. Shinoa appeared to have been dropped to the ground, her wings twitching along with her weakened limbs. Miraculously, she still seemed to be keen on her surroundings.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-san..." She murmured lowly.

⠀⠀⠀"Shinoa!" He cried. "Where's Akane?"

⠀⠀⠀Shinoa coughed, throat curling with blood as she attempted to speak, "Crowley and Akane... they have escaped from the back— the golden-haired woman and her smaller companion went after them. All there's left are guards coming..."