༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 12

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Wiping a stain off of the table in the corner of the restaurant, Yuichiro knitted his eyebrows in deep determination to clean the remaining tables crystal clean. His shift was almost over, and the restaurant was almost deserted except for a some others that have decided to stay and converse with whomever was still around. Throughout the week, the raven believes that the customers have gotten used to his presence. His wings would occasionally bump into tables or accidentally brush upon a human's shoulder or face, but due to him working there and having so many different encounters, it's become the norm of the restaurant.

⠀⠀⠀Luckily, most of the customers don't seem to mind anymore and often laugh it off. He's more than glad to see that he is slowly progressing into society.

⠀⠀⠀Smiling warily to himself, Yuichiro wiped off the last smear on the golden-crisped tabletops and watched as the light glimmered upon them like a drop of sun. He rubbed his sweat-filled forehead with a sigh before carefully slipping the towel into his apron and taking it off completely. A moment later, Guren emerged from his office and let out a yawn of exhaustion. "Close up soon, alright?" He muttered to the rest of the crew currently cleaning the rest of the place.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro nodded in silence and began to exit the restaurant when a call interrupted him, "Ah! Cutie-Yuu! Wait for us!"

⠀⠀⠀Turning around, the raven recognized the faint screech of Chess from behind the kitchen, tossing a handful of napkins into a nearby stash before she appeared fully. A taller blonde, someone he could somewhat remember as Horn, followed in silence and mere embarrassment. Chess caught up to him with a relieved smile and a breathy laugh that exposed her white fangs, "I see that you have some customers that like you a lot, hm? Especially that couple and their adorable daughter— she couldn't keep complimenting you on your wings and your beautiful eyes— oh my, it was so cute!"

⠀⠀⠀"Chess, you're embarrassing him."

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, Horn, he's fine!" She dismissed with a wholehearted laugh. "You should've seen! He is the cutest thing with children swarming his feet. I can see it already— Cutie-Yuu being one of the best mothers out there because of his charms and his sweetness and his kindness!"

⠀⠀⠀"Where did that come from?"

⠀⠀⠀"What do you me—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Enough with that," Yuichiro interrupts with a slight giggle. "Children are children— fascination is their drive, and they're attracted to it. That's that."

⠀⠀⠀Chess rolled her eyes and twirled a strand of her violet hair with her index finger. Changing the subject, she slipped her arms behind her back and looked up into the darkening skies, stars twinkling visibly against the blanket of shadows. "This might be a sensitive topic, but—"

⠀⠀⠀"— if it's sensitive—"

⠀⠀⠀"— Horn, shhhhh! I hope you don't mind me asking, Cutie-Yuu, but how are you freely walking like this? It may sound a bit harsh, but most of your species aren't allowed without their, I don't know, so-called owners."

⠀⠀⠀Most of the light in the raven's iridescent eyes vanished, his smile minimizing into a thin line on his lips as his chin drooped. Nonetheless, he was bound to answer his friend's curious question while both appreciating her politeness to the sensitive topic. With a careless and heavy shrug, he tried to keep his voice free of distress and despair as he spoke, "No, it's fine. I have an owner, if you can call it that, and, well, he lets me roam freely as if I were human. I'm grateful for him to be mine, really, and I wouldn't want it any other way..."