༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 14

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela's teaching hours were over. He was a music teacher who only had four periods through the span of each day, so having all done and over with so quickly and effectively left him sprouting pride. Usually, he wouldn't be this content and rapid to leave his beloved students, but today would be a different day, he decided.

⠀⠀⠀A very different day.

⠀⠀⠀After saying farewell to students and teachers passing by, he hurried out of the building and straight into his car, slamming the door a little too roughly in the process. Mikaela didn't realize it at first, but his blood was boiling; hot, dry, rage filled and inflaming even more at the slightest thought of where he would be carrying himself to. His jaw clenched visibly, and he clicked his tongue whilst starting the engine. Stepping onto the gas pedal, his car roared to life and sped through the streets with one destination in mind—

⠀⠀⠀The Beast Incorporated. The very building in which he had first seen Yuichiro a few weeks before he decided to purchase him, as inhuman as it sounded. He remembers how long the raven was always there, wings outstretched and obedient as his head drooped forward, eyes dull and lifeless. Maybe it was the look of despair and utter hopelessness that drove him to pull two million yen out of his bank in exchange for the beautiful creature. Maybe it was that, or maybe he did it for some reason completely different. His heart clenched at what that reason may be, tight and emotional, full of love for the raven.

⠀⠀⠀By the time he had arrived, parking quickly and walking through the double doors, hardly sharing the excessive amount of men guarding the entrance a glance, Mikaela was already where he needed to be. Once more, he was greeted ( was that the correct word to use— he surely hoped not ) with the sensation of knowingness. Crowds of people hovered and surrounded the cages on display, new ones that the blond had never seen now in the same place Yuichiro was once in.

⠀⠀⠀It broke him to remember what it felt like to be pressured to save every creature, but even he knew it was unreasonable and impossible to save every winged-creature here. As much as he would've liked to.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela's thoughts broke when a cold palm flattened itself upon his shoulder, the hairs on his neck rising in mere alarm as he craned his chin to look at whom caught his attention. It was the same man from before— silver-haired, overly cocky and upholding the same smirk he had each time he'd seen him. Ferid adjusted his crimson-colored tie and pale winter-coated gloves, teeth exposed as he smiled, "Ah, well if it isn't my favorite customer, Mister Mikaela Hyakuya. Say, what brings you here again? Here to purchase another one? Of course, they are much cheaper than the rare one you got a few weeks ago."

⠀⠀⠀Trying not to grimace, Mikaela cleared his throat thickly and shook his head. "Not today," He informed in a low tone, not ever, he wanted to add but refrained from doing so.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh? Then why have you come, to browse?"

⠀⠀⠀"Somewhat. But, not the ones on display."

⠀⠀⠀Ferid chortled, and the blond searched through his own dialogue for what the man could've thought was full of humor. "Oh, Mikaela, you sound like you're shopping. Perhaps, you are planning to buy another friend for your other one? That reminds me, how're you and your pretty toy?"

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela tried not to show his utter disgust and slight agitation towards the silver-haired male's rash choice of words. He could not fathom doing such a senseless and wrong thing to his precious Yuichiro, would not even think of doing so. Breathing heavily, he shut his eyes for a brief moment to calm down his throbbing nerves before replying ever-so-softly, "I do not plan on giving you that kind of personal information, but Yuichiro is fine, thank you. Now, if you'll just bring me down to where you have the rest of the creatures, please?"