༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 02

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀That evening around six, as the sun was just setting beyond the horizon, Mikaela drove he and the raven down the less crowded streets of the tiny city. The drive was touched with silence as Yuichiro stared out of the glassy windows and into the sky, examining in awe as the world seemed to change color around him. The once navy sky now an orange forming into several yellows and purples as nighttime approached quickly, street lamps flicking on and catching the raven by surprise. His lips parted in awe, iridescent green-gold gaze wide and filled with curiosity.

⠀⠀⠀From beside him, Yuichiro heard a light laugh, and he craned his head to meet the blond smiling at him, eyes on the road, though the corner of his eyes were settled upon him. Mikaela purred. "You've never seen a sky, Yuu-chan?"

⠀⠀⠀Flushing, the dark-haired creature squeaked, keeping silent as he pursed his lips together. He wanted to reply, wanted to start a conversation with the person he'd be sending the rest of his life with, truly, he did, but his instincts overruled him easily and demanded he stay within his boundaries. He took in a solid inhale, glancing back out of the window to watch the atmosphere changing around him. Sighing quietly, he shrugged as a silent reply. Mikaela suppressed a frown, biting back a sigh of his own. The rest of the drive home was spent in complete and utter silence.

⠀⠀⠀After a thirty minute drive through a broad, agricultural area and into a more urban area, they found themselves pulling into expensive-looking neighborhood.

⠀⠀⠀"Here we are, Yuu-chan," Mikaela mumbled softly as he pulled into a rather large house. The dwelling consisted of two stories, or at least, that's what the raven could make out in the vehicle, and owned many windows. Most of it was constructed with white wooding that looked new and fresh, the roofing a different hue that was a mixture between amber and maroon. Dark green vines climbed the walls of the house, many arms connecting with one another as if fearful of pulling apart. It gave a warm and beautiful vibe to the home, and Yuichiro felt his heart throb with life. This was the house he'd be living in. A home with his new owner. Mikaela Hyakuya.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro smiled faintly, admiring the fullness of the dwelling for another brief moment before the car door beside him slowly opened, revealing a blond grinning cheekily. A hand was directed his way, the raven jumping slightly. "Let's go see your new home," Mikaela purred.

⠀⠀⠀Surprisingly, Yuichiro didn't pull away, didn't distant himself, didn't try to do things by himself like he always did. He didn't let his instincts overcome him and instead chose to, for once, allow his curiosity guide him despite the curiosity killed the cat statement. He sniffed Mikaela's pale hand before reluctantly taking it, softly wrapping his fingers around the other's, a blush spreading through his cheeks and causing him to glance away timidly. He lifted himself out of the car with shaky limbs as if he were a newborn fawn, stumbling slightly and feeling the tangled pair of hands tighten.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela steadied the dark-haired male the best he could, tenderly holding his hand as if it were made of fragile glass. Sending him a worried expression, the blond cocked his head to see Yuichiro's embarrassed frowning. "Are you okay, Yuu-chan?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro nodded frantically. "Y-yes! Thank y-you!"

⠀⠀⠀Humming quietly, the two padded up to the doorway, hand-in-hand. Without removing his hand from Yuichiro's, Mikaela managed to locate the key under the small plant pot near the doorway and unlock the door, slipping it back under and smiling at Yuichiro sweetly. "If you ever need to come inside, the key's always under the flowerpot, okay? You'll get your own key, too, but just in case something comes up and you don't have the key you'll know where it is." He informs while dragging them both into the home. Yuichiro nods; whether or not Mikaela saw it, he doesn't know.