༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 04

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Softness poked at Yuichiro's skin, causing him to stir awake, eyelids struggling to open. A yawn escaped his lips as he rose up from his laying position upon the mattress, fingers rubbing roughly at his eyes. Flicking on the lamp near his bedside, the raven found it was around seven in the morning, a low whistling sounding from downstairs.

⠀⠀⠀Squinting towards the sudden flash of light, his once dark room illuminating into ones of color, yellow-ish with splots of sunset orange, he slipped on from out of the sheets, his multiple cloths of blankets following after him and flowing onto the ground. Another sensation of irritating poking caught his undevoted attention, a grunt rumbling in the back of his throat as he craned his head to see, folding his wings together and looking behind him.

⠀⠀⠀In the darkness, his night-hued feathers appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary; but in the light where every inch of starless shadows could be seen, his wings looked absolutely disgusting. Yuichiro turned around fully to look at his bed, and his hypothesis was correct. There were feathers everywhere. His heart began to pound restlessly to the point he might faint or possibly die, eyes dilated and pupils figured in slits as his mouth parted, heavy breaths slipping in and escaping out. His chest hurt, hand reaching to pressing against where his heart was, tears welling in his gaze.

⠀⠀⠀The raven didn't speak, seeming to be too shocked and frightened to say or do anything. His limbs seemed to be rooted to the ground, body frozen. His wings were horrifyingly disgusting— feathers fallen and leaving spots where his tan skin could be seen. He looked nothing more than a hairless cat or a flightless, featherless bird.

⠀⠀⠀All he could think was: What would Mikaela think of him now?

⠀⠀⠀He was depicted as a beautiful, rare creature that had wings that stretched further than his own outstretched arms, feathers varying from hue to hue— his just so happening to be the most unique of them all. And in this case, making the situation more and more awful. He was bought simply because he was stereotyped as a beautiful, winged-creature, but now what will he do, now that his feathers were falling and wings looking more bone and skin?

⠀⠀⠀Of course, his feathers would grow back, but it'd take longer for them to do so rather than for them to sudden just fall. Mikaela wouldn't understand. No human understood.

⠀⠀⠀Clamping his palm against his lips, Yuichiro tried his absolute best not to scream till his throat went raw. Suddenly, as he watched one by one with his own eyes, his feathers descending from his wings to the floor beneath him, his limbs seemed to give out, and he stumbled backwards, spine slamming against the wall with a painful crack. Down he slid against the wall, wings folding around him as to serve as his own protective shield in hopes shutting him away from reality might just save him.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-chan?" Mikaela's voice called from downstairs.

⠀⠀⠀It wasn't long before the raven began to hear steps climbing up the staircases, a striking sob leaving his lips as he curled around himself closer, the space around him blinding and muffled by his lack of feathers. A knock, then two, came from his door. "Yuu-chan? Are you okay? I heard something hit the wall," The blond's voice inquired softly.

⠀⠀⠀Nonetheless, no matter how gentle he may appear, Yuichiro was not risking it. He was not. He could not risk leaving as much of this good life and going back into the chambers, only to be locked away and shown for display for the rest of his life. He was not going to risk having little food, if not any at all. He was not going to risk being referred to as an object rather than a living being on Earth and have a price engraved on him, and instead of being worth two million, he'd be worth three. He'd never get out of there alive and happy.