༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 05

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀His breath comes out warm, too warm. He is breathing erratically as he squirms restlessly in his bed, blankets thrown off of his inflamed frame and onto the floor, somewhere out of sight. His knees bend and connect to his chest, trembling and feeling useless. Eyes shut tightly, Yuichiro heaves out groans and unfathomable words as he thrashes here and there, perspiration trickling down his neck while his black tresses stick messily to his moist forehead.

⠀⠀⠀He knows he is having a nightmare— it's always the same one.

⠀⠀⠀The one where he is found by the humans in a deserted undergrowth, his home where his parents ensured to him before they passed that he'd be safe forever being broken into, and he was suddenly forced to his knees. But sadly, he wasn't the only one. His friends were also on the same truck, three cuffs to his legs and wrists while his wings were strapped to his spine, useless as can be. He doesn't know what happens next, can only picture the screaming and crying of his former comrades before they all were separated by force.

⠀⠀⠀One thing he knows for sure, though, is that he doesn't want to know, and all that he is seeing is not real. Not anymore. He's out of the chambers. There was no going back. But Yuichiro knew he would have to if he wanted to ever rescue and see his beloved friends again.

⠀⠀⠀With one last jerk of his leg and the drop of stomach, the raven lunged forward with a gasp of air, eyes bulging out in utter surprise. His heart throbbed and lurched, instincts roaring at him. He's always had this nightmare with no one to comfort him, but now he did; the man was only a few steps downstairs. All he had to do was shove his instincts to the side and get there.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro knew what he was doing was more than risky, limbs moving towards the floor, feet flat as he heads out of his bedroom. He has no solid trust for Mikaela just yet, has no idea if he ever will, but his heart is racing and drumming so hard he can barely breathe. Before he can stop himself, he is facing the wooden door, illuminate, iridescent gaze glaring at the knob with mere panic. He doesn't turn back. His hand squeezes at the knob, and he marches his way into the blond's room, pride and timid persona gone.

⠀⠀⠀Being the light sleeper he was, Mikaela woke up, slowly rising. "Eh? Yuu-chan, what're you doing up so early?" He questioned groggily.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro threw himself onto the mattress, head quickly burying into the other man's chest and snuggling into his warm frame. It took a while for him to speak, but once he did, Mikaela couldn't help but feel sympathy for the raven. "I... had a nightmare."

⠀⠀⠀"Nightmare? About what?"

⠀⠀⠀"S-sorry, I don't like to talk about it."

⠀⠀⠀"That's fine," Mikaela purred. "Are you okay, though?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro hummed in approval. "I am, now."

⠀⠀⠀Carefully, the blond allowed the dark-haired male to snuggle closer to his chest, an arm slinging over his waist and legs quick to constrict around his own. It wasn't the most comfortable position, but for Yuichiro, he supposes he can withstand it for one night. Or, as many nights as he needed. Placing his head back onto the pillow, Yuichiro suppressed a huff of relief. "Thank you," He murmured softly, nose thrusting further into his clothed chest as he brought himself closer, if possible. Yuichiro didn't know what kind of spirit possessed him to be so weak and needy all of a sudden, but he could care less. He really needed Mikaela. Who knew when he'll ever get a chance like this ever again.