༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 23

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela was told to remain in the hospital for one more night. Luckily, he had an amazing body that healed faster than the average human. For that, Yuichiro was relieved.

⠀⠀⠀Over the past few days, the raven was there with him by his side, whether it was to watch him sleep, feed him, or even sleep next to him. His friends, surprisingly, did end up staying in the room with them as well. A nurse ended up asking the rest of the winged creatures to leave, but with the help of their doctor, she allowed them all to stay with sincere sweetness and concern. With a wink, the doctor asked, "Are you all family, at least?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro glanced around him, looking for his friend's confirmation, but before he could even think to respond, Kimizuki murmurs, "Yes, we're all family."

⠀⠀⠀The raven didn't know if that included Mikaela, too, but the way his friend craned his neck to glance at the blond, he knew he did.

⠀⠀⠀So, there they were, all cuddled up against each other. Shinoa and Mitsuba took the small bed in front of the window in the back, arms around each other and holding so tight as if making up the times they weren't able to. Kimizuki and Yoichi took the couch on the opposite side to the girls, the brunet's head upon the other's shoulder as they rested quietly. As for Guren and Shinya, they went back to attend to their job at the diner, occasionally stopping by as to check on Mikaela.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro laid next to the blond, his head under his arm and staring at him lovingly. He figured he should be resting for Mikaela's depart from the hospital the following afternoon, so with a quiet, "Sweet dreams, Mika," Yuichiro leaned over the sleeping figure and pressed his lips against the other male's, gently, softly, passionately.

⠀⠀⠀Just as he thought, the man didn't stir at all.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro's heart trembled unhappily, slightly hurt that the one time he would be able to really kiss his beloved owner, he was unconscious. His emerald irises collects with unshed tears. He does not let his sadness stop him from cuddling closer to Mikaela, nose burying into his sides and allowing sleep to swallow him whole, emotions unspoken and forever concealed.

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀The following morning, Yuichiro woke up to his friends still sleeping, snores erupting every which way and drool slowly tricking down most of their chins. He smiled softly, happy to know this was one of the best rests they have had in a while.

⠀⠀⠀But Yuichiro learned he wasn't the only one awake at the moment.

⠀⠀⠀"Good morning, Yuu-chan," Mikaela's tired, but not at all weakened, voice spoke softly.

⠀⠀⠀At first, his vision wasn't clearing, still blurry as ever as he tried to adjust his gaze to the bright light of his owner [lover], eyes squinting. Then, when he did feel it begin to clear up, the beautiful hues of golden blond tresses and oceanic sapphire eyes glimmer as they, too, glanced down upon him, he felt the air in his lungs escape. Mikaela was here, was alive— was still shining so brightly.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro stared at his ruffled hair, his slightly bruised cheeks, plump lips... a beautiful, stunning view to settle his sight upon.