༄ོ⠀|⠀Day 13

• • •⠀ཀཫ⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀That night, dinner was served with silence. It didn't occur to Yuichiro that something like sitting in front of the one person he loved most— and not to mention, that he was rather furious with their previous argument— would be so awkward. He felt as though he were a child, misbehaved and messy, as he was given a punishment that pervaded every bone in his body. The guilt and regret settled in the pit of his hollow stomach as he stared down at his untouched plate, fingers tickling his comfortable change of clothes whilst avoiding Mikaela's eyes.

⠀⠀⠀Somehow, the raven knew that he was still a bit angered due to how tight his grip was on his chopsticks, or how loudly his jaw was clamping. Yet, somehow, the atmosphere around them seemed to have lightened, calmed, settled.

⠀⠀⠀Still, Yuichiro was skeptical to speak, just as he was to move his hands to eat.

⠀⠀⠀He wasn't hungry anyways, he thinks as he begins to slightly tremble in his seat, a single arm rising to cover his quivering lips. Luckily, his sleeves are long enough to conceal his obvious change in mood. But it does not last for long.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-chan..." Mikaela's voice suddenly perks. "Are you crying?"

⠀⠀⠀At first, it didn't seem to click. There was no way he would be crying over a minor quarrel, that he knew for sure. Yuichiro reached to rub at his eyelids, expecting them to be dry and normal, but his fingers came into contact with a slight wetness that trickled down his dark, reddened cheeks. Surprised and flustered, the dark-haired male rushed to wipe them away roughly as if they never existed, nose sniffing deeply to hide the evidence. He uses the end of his sleeves to soak up the tears with the cloth, small whimpers escaping his throat as if he were a puppy that had been kicked.

⠀⠀⠀"No, I'm not."

⠀⠀⠀"You are, Yuu-chan."

⠀⠀⠀"N-No, I'm not! Don't call me that!"

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela didn't respond. In the small amount of time, Yuichiro diverted his gaze away from the blond and focused on calming himself down with steady inhales and stone-hard exhales that didn't exactly help. He couldn't stop thinking about how hurt and angered he had seen Mikaela become after he had carelessly let the words fly out of his mouth— a side and sight the raven think he would ever have to see. Even worse, he didn't remember what he had said, but knowing from experience, he had a tendency to say just about anything that was at the top of his mind; shallow, if not, no depth at all.

⠀⠀⠀Just thinking about what he could've said pained him ever more, causing tears to overflow more rapidly out of his eyes and errupting more whimpers and hiccups. Yuichiro bit his lower lip tenderly, hard enough to leave teeth marks, but not enough to draw unneccessary blood. His own crying echoed in his ears to the point he hadn't heard Mikaela scoot his chair backwards, nor of the nearing footsteps. But when a hand rested warmly on his thin shoulder, he didn't hold back.

⠀⠀⠀Tears warm and alive like a waterfall descending from a cliff, Yuichiro sobbed. He was so emotional— when had he gotten so soft after all he's been through? To be effected by something as simple, yet strong as words, it was so silly. Maybe, it wasn't just that, though. Perhaps, it was the thought of Shinoa smirking at him that made him cry harder than he really should have; or maybe it was of Yoichi's cute, genuine laugh when a joke Kimizuki tried to make utterly failed; or maybe it was of Mitsuba as she blushed from one of his own teasing sessions. Maybe it was one of those, or it could be of the thought of them dying, of leaving this tyrant of a world for a better living, as ironic as it was.