Young and Expecting (Watty Awards 2014)

Introduction:

Our parents always told us to be careful. Always warning us about making sure we were safe and to just wait, wait until we are married. Accidents happen, and now we sit on that toilet seat starring at a stick as if it will start dancing around the room. 'Positive...' Is all we can think. Then comes how will we tell our parents, how will we explain what happened and how we are sorry that we let them down. How can we go on with school with our part time job. Depending on when we are in life we even start to worry about prom or college.

No matter how much we begin to rethink what happened to cause this over and over again its done. We now have a life inside us that will change everything. The first week is full of worry, sometimes so bad that we feel sick to our stomach. With the thought of what is to happen to us? How can we raise him or her? What will mom or dad think when I tell them?

Well this is all about how its going to be ok. This is about people I know and my own experience as a teen mom. This is to let you know you are not alone and the hidden obstacles that isn't talked about a lot. This is not like "Teen Mom" or "16 and pregnant". Being a teen mom isn't all about drama and not every man running out.

It is ok... we can get through this together.

All stories remain anonymous and will be renamed unless told otherwise. All rights belong to me.

And if you need advise or have questions/ideas feel free to PM me anytime.

There is a version for guys written by my fiancee, @AllBama called If Only They Knew.

Cover made by @paris7