Things to think about

When we think about being pregnant we think about us, where to live, school and the baby. But there are things we don't think about that end up being a big deal.

For instance, when I was pregnant I never actually thought about the doctor. And if I had known picking a doctor was so important I would have spent more time looking.

Picking a doctor is like picking out a car. You will be with this doctor for nine months, at least, so that means if there is something you don't like you may have to just deal with it.

My doctor didn't match my personality at all. She was stuck up, very short and emotionless. When ever I had a concern she blew it off, never making me feel better about it.

I need someone who would sit down and talk to me, if I asked questions give me reasons and I could call anytime with questions.

Another was insurance, aka paying. Unless you or your partner has insurance you may be in a rut like I was. My parents had insurance but only one covered and I had to pay a big deductible.

I payed a lot until the last two months...awesome.. Medicaid helps for all those who don't have insurance, also parents insurance normally doesn't cover grandbabies so when they are born it will cover them.

Housing is a common thought. Will you live with parents, on your own or with friends? We tried both living on our own and with parents. I have to say the best was without but the easiest was with. Yes living on our own was amazing and we bonded more.

But with parents we didn't have to worry about food or a lot of rent. The problem with living on your own is the bills and expenses.  But with parents there is no privacy. They want to but in even if they don't mean to.

To help with the bills you can always apply for food stamps or WIC. Now just to clear up some thoughts about it you don't have to be a lazy bum to be on it. I worked part time working 40hrs a week making 9 a hour and still had to get on it.

WIC is a benefit that helps moms out with food specifically for the pregnancy. It later helps with the baby once they are born. I love it because after I had the baby they pay for formula when I need it.

Foodstamps are different. You can purchase any food product and let me tell you it's a big help. With a increase of intake on food we need the extra money for the extra food we eat. It all increases and you can buy formula after the baby is born.

Now there are the common ones. Such as work, School, and the baby but I will talk about thoses in later chapters.

All Rights Reserved

Please comment if anyone has questions or topics they want me to cover.