-1-

It was one of those rare cool summer days when the sun was not as hot as usual. The leaves were dancing on the tree branches following the refreshing breeze.

A little boy was alone at the playground of the neighborhood, his feet playing with the sand under the swing where he was sitting.

He sighed deeply but kept looking down. He was too sad to raise his head and face the sky. He didn't want his mom and dad to know that he was crying again and since his grandpa said that they're always looking after him from the sky he thought with his young mind that they would not be able to see his tears if he hung his head low.

The boy's warm tears streamed down on his chubby cheeks and fell on his knees that were exposed since he was wearing his favorite blue shorts.

"Hi!" a little girl said as she sat next to the boy and started swinging.

"H-Hi" he stuttered as he hurriedly wiped his tears with the back of his hand.

He was a man after all and he shouldn't cry in front of others. Especially in front of girls.

"What's your name?" the girl asked showing the boy her cute smile.

"Jimin" he said being a bit hesitant and hoped that the girl wouldn't treat him like the other kids always did.

Jimin looked at the girl waiting for her next words. He really hoped she wouldn't start teasing him about his cheeks or his height. He hoped that she wouldn't stop talking to him after finding out that he doesn't have a dad or mom anymore. Because he liked her smile. She was a pretty girl and Jimin wanted her to be his friend, not just one more of his bullies.

"I'm Hana, I'm 8 years old. Can we be friends Chimin?" she asked, her missing teeth making it hard for her to say the boy's name correctly.

Hana kept staring at the boy with her big eyes as she waited for his answer. She jumped up feeling excited when Jimin happily nodded his head before showing his eye smile and she held his hand tightly.

"Come on. I'll show you my kingdom" the girl said and dragged Jimin with her.

He was surprised at first but his little heart started beating faster due to his enthusiasm. He finally had a friend his age.

...10 years later...

Hana's POV

"Good morning grandpa!" I bowed to greet him after he opened the door. "Where is Jimin?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"Good morning Hana" he said and made way for me to enter their house. "The sleeping beauty is still in his bedroom" grandpa said and sighed.

"Again?" I exclaimed starting to get upset. "Don't worry I'll wake him up"

After walking up the stairs I put on my determined face and entered Jimin's bedroom. Just as grandpa said, he was still sleeping peacefully on his bed. This happens almost every day so I'm used to waking him up before going to school. But that doesn't mean it's an easy thing to do.

I quickly approached him and started calling his name.

"Jimin! Jimin there's a fire!" I pretended to be in panic.

"Mmm... Just five more minutes" he mumbled in his sleep leaving me with my mouth hanging open at his reaction.

"Yah! I'll throw the water on you if you don't wake up now" I threatened and got closer to him.

In a mere moment he grabbed my arm and pulled me on his bed making me lie next to him. We were facing each other and he had his arm wrapped around me, his eyes never opening.

"Y-Yah!" I shouted feeling flustered and tried to move away from him but his grip only got tighter making it impossible for me to escape.

"Be quiet, I only need five more minutes. I promise I'll get up then" he said in his sleepy voice making my heart almost skip a beat.

'Stupid, you don't know how hard it is for me to stay for five minutes so close to you. It gives me false hope' I thought to myself as I tried not to think about my feelings for him but his scent and his breath on my skin only made me think more about him.

My best friend who I've fallen in love with...

A/N

Hello~~

New story!! Please, leave a comment to let me know what your thoughts are on the first chapter ^_^

MTFBWY