-5-

"Jimin you shouldn't do that!" Hana whispered loudly so that the little boy would hear her but her mother wouldn't. "It's dangerous"

Jimin gave her a reassuring look before holding tightly on one of the branches of the tree that lived between their houses.

It was late at night and he thought that it would be a better idea if he got to Hana's room through the window since his grandparents wouldn't allow him to go out at this hour even if it was just to visit his friend living next door.

The boy knew that they wouldn't let him go to Hana's place even if it wasn't that late. Despite the fact that they never seemed to not approve his friendship with Hana after two whole years had passed, Jimin could feel that they were still a little skeptical about it since her father was in prison for committing a serious crime.

So there he was now, stretching his little arm to reach the next branch, just two meters away from Hana's window.

He had to be next to her. She was crying again and he had to make her smile just as she always did.

"I'm almost there. One more step and I-" the boy didn't get to finish his sentence when his foot failed to reach the branch and he ended up losing his balance.

Hana screamed her friend's name when she saw his small body lying on the ground under the big tree.

"I'm... I'm okay" Jimin struggled to say hiding the unbearable pain he was feeling.

Due to the impact of his fall it was possible that he had broken a bone but he didn't want to make Hana cry even more so he clenched his teeth tightly and smiled looking up at her window.

"I think I've broken my right arm though" a faint chuckle escaped the boy's lips as he was trying to hold back his tears.

"Stay where you are! Don't move!" Hana ordered Jimin and rushed to find help.

The boy was taken to the hospital and got his broken arm plastered immediately after the kids' grandparents realized what happened.

"I'm sorry Jimin" Hana looked at him with tears in the corner of her eyes as she apologized. "This happened because you wanted to help me"

Jimin missed the way she used to call his name when her front teeth were still missing so he decided to tease her a little to make her cheer up.

"Chiminie will forgive you only if you take care of him until his hand gets better" he said with a playful expression.

Hana giggled at her friends words realizing that he must have been feeling better to be teasing her.

"I will take care of you Chimin" the little girl said and picked up the bowl of rice to feed him a spoonful after he failed to do so himself.

...8 years later...

Hana's POV

"And then she smiled! I made her smile!" Jimin exclaimed and threw his arms around me giving me a tight hug.

"Be careful! Your injury might get worse" I said and slowly got out of his embrace checking to make sure that his arm hadn't started bleeding again.

He has been talking about the girl he likes all the time for the past two weeks. Her name is Chohee. She's two years younger than us and he says that she's cute and nice.

Today he got to talk to her for the first time during lunch when he accidentally bumped into her making both of their trays fall on the floor and he ended up injuring his arm as he tried to pick up the broken plates.