-16-

Jimin's POV

Just one day.

One more day and then everything will go back to normal.

Hana will stop showing how much she loves me and will be by my side as my childhood friend again.

And I will keep hiding my feelings for her until hopefully I manage to get over them.

But...

I really wish this one day could last forever.

Hana's POV

I'll give it my all today!

I don't want to get back to being his childhood friend.

No one can make me feel like Jimin does and I don't think I'll be able to take the pain of being this close to him yet so far.

I can't handle the pain of having him by my side when he's not mine.

I have to know whether he has the same feelings I do or he loves me only as his friend. I have to.

"Jimin, do you have anything you want to tell me?" I asked laying on his bed with my head on his lap.

He was playing a game on his phone when I needed his attention.

I kept staring at his face waiting for him to look at me.

"Hana, the week is over" he said still avoiding my gaze.

I felt my heart drop.

I sat up leaning closer to Jimin. So close that our foreheads were almost touching and our breathes were mingling. So close that he couldn't avoid my eyes anymore.

But I didn't move hoping that he'd do it.

"You really don't feel anything? Not even when I do this?" I asked slowly wrapping my arms around his neck.

I tried to read his expression but I couldn't.

"You don't feel anything even if I do this?" I asked leaning even closer.

I could feel his breath against my lips.

And I kissed him.

My lips met his and we stayed like that for a while.

I know I already kissed him two times this week but they were just quick pecks like the ones we exchanged when we were little kids pretending to rule our kingdom.

This kiss was different.

I tried my best to convey everything I feel for him through this kiss.

With my eyes still closed I broke the kiss already knowing his answer.

"Ah I-I see" I said trying to keep my voice from cracking.

I kissed him one more time resting my forehead on his.

"I see" I repeated and bit my lower lip as I tried to smile.

I didn't want to accept the truth but I had no other choice.

Still, I shouldn't cry. He might say something he doesn't mean and give me faulse hope if he sees me cry.

"Haha Jimin I got you" I said and smiled but I was trying so hard to keep my tears from streaming down my face.

"What do you mean Hana?" he asked with a serious expression furrowing his brows.

Lies sometimes help you feel less pain.

I thought of just lying to Jimin that moment.

I thought of telling him that it was all just a joke. A prank.

That I never loved him like that and I only wanted to do something different because I was bored.

But I couldn't do it when I looked in his eyes.

I couldn't lie when I looked in the eyes that I love more than anything.

The eyes of my best friend, the boy who has always been there when I needed him the most. The eyes of the boy I love more than I do myself but took me so long to realize.

"Hana, I'm sorry" he wishpered. "Please, don't cry" Jimin said.

Only when he said that I realized that a few tears had escaped my eyes staining my cheeks.

I lifted up my hand and messily wiped them away.

"No, Jimin. Don't be s-sorry" I said but this time my voice cracked. "I can't force you to love me. I know this much"

He opened his mouth to say something but he held back and only let out a deep sigh, the thoughts that he wanted to express disappearing with the air leaving from his lips.

"I just thought that you had feelings for me. That you loved me the same way I do and I hoped that I could make you express it if I was the first one to confess" I said. "But now that I think about it I never actually confessed to you, did I?" I chuckled.

Jimin stayed silent letting me say everything I wanted to.

"I love you Park Jimin. I feel stupid that it took me so many years to realize it but I don't see you only as my friend. I've fallen for you and I know now that it's not mutual" I said and paused for a moment to untangle my thought and put them in order.

"Hana, I-"

"Let me finish Jimin. Please" I asked and he nodded. "I know that you won't return my feelings but... But what am I supposed to do when I still want it all?"

He couldn't find the right words to say so he just kept staring at me.

"Can I ask for one last thing as your girlfriend?" he nodded one more time. "Kiss me. Even if it doesn't mean anything to you" I asked.

I wasn't expecting for him to do it. But he kissed me.

He didn't take a second to think about it. He put one hand behind my neck as he caressed my cheek with the other before he slowly closed the distance between us.

He pressed his lips against mine and I soon kissed him back.

A tear rolled down my cheek when he pulled away.

It wasn't a long kiss but I could still feel his touch when I took a step back.

"I promise that I'll forget about my feelings. But I'm sorry Jimin, I can't promise that I'll stay by your side" I said and his eyes widened in panic. "It hurts"

"Hana wait!" I heard him shout as I run away.

But I didn't stop. I kept running.

I needed someone to comfort me but mom was away.

"T-Taehyung?" I said between my sobs when he finally picked up the phone. "Can you come? I need you"

A/N

I just wanted to know if any of you guys are Vhope shippers 😆

Please leave a comment if you are 😊

MTFBWY ⭐