-9-

"Yes! I can finally buy it!!" Jimin cheered throwing his fists in the air.

He had been saving up for almost a year now to get a present for Hana.

He knew exactly what he would get for her and now he had enough money to do so.

As her birthday was aproaching Jimin asked his grandma to help him buy the necklace he had chosen for his best friend.

It wasn't something very expensive or extravagant. It was a simple yet beautiful flower necklace that made Jimin think of Hana the moment he saw it displayed at a shop.

He remembered how happy the little girl looked when she explained to him that her name means flower in japanese and he thought that he'd make her smile again with this present.

When the day of Hana's birthday arrived, Jimin was still nowhere to be seen when the time for the cake had come.

Hana started feeling really lonely even though her mom and Jimin's grandparents with Kookie were with her.

It just didn't feel right with her best friend missing so she crossed her arms and pouted standing in front of her birthday cake.

"I'm not blowing out the candles before Jimin comes" she stated.

"I'm here!" the boy cried holding a small box in his hand. "I'm sorry Hana. I thought I had lost the present I got for you" Jimin apologized and walked closer to the birthday girl.

Hana hugged him and let a sigh of relief.

"This is for you" Jimin said with slightly red cheeks as he took the necklace out of the box and put it around the girl's neck.

A couple of seconds later he got his present too. Her smile.

...7 years later...

Hana's POV

I was waiting outside the cafe where we had decided to meet with Taehyung playing with my necklace, the one that Jimin gave to me when we were little.

I smiled as I remembered about it.

"Hey, Tae!" I waved my hand when I spotted him in the crowd.

I walked faster to where he was standing and gave him a tight hug making him chuckle.

"Take it easy" he said giggling. "I know I'm the best looking guy you know but..." he paused and leaned closer to my ear "you should control your hormones when you see me" he whispered and winked at me as he moved his face away.

"Yah! K- Kim Taehyung!" I yelled feeling a little flustered and punched his arm earning a rectangle smile from him.

He grabs my hand and basically pulled me inside the cafe leading me to a table near the window.

"So..." I hesitated as I felt shy not knowing how I should start this conversation with Taehyung. "Umm you see I might have or have not told Jimin that I'll be his girlfriend" I said with an awkward smile.

Tae's eyes widened in surprise and for a moment his smile disappeared but he soon returned to his normal cheerful expression.

I explained what happened between Jimin and I yesterday and Tae listened to me as he was biting on the straw of his bubble tea.

"Hmm I see" he said as he rested his elbows on the table and connected his fingers falling deep in thought. "Then there's nothing else you can do now but be his girlfriend" he said with a sweet smile.

"B-Be his girlfriend?" I stuttered as I could feel my face burning at the thought only.

I know I'm the one who's responsible for this situation but I didn't think before I acted!

"But Tae, how am I supposed to do that? I need time to prepare" I took a deep breath and closed my eyes trying to regain my composure.

"Okay! Do you think that 1 minute is enough time?" he asked making me open my eyes to look at him waiting for an explanation. "Jimin just entered the cafe"

'What?!' I thought and turned to look towards the entrance.

I remembered that I had to breath when I spotted Jimin looking around probably searching for us. Our eyes met and he smiled before heading to our table.

"Hey V" Jimin greeted Tae before sitting next to me.

He sat really close to me. Like really close!

Our thighs were touching and he put his left arm around my shoulders pulling me even closer.

"Hello Jimin!" Tae waved his hand. "I thought you were going at your place. Didn't you say that when I called you earlier?" he asked with a smirk slowly making its appearance on his face.

I felt Jimin tense at Taehyung's words and I slightly lifted my head up to look at him waiting for his answer.

"Umm I... I suddenly felt the need to drink some bubble tea" he said and laughed at the end of his sentence.

"Oh I see. It's not like you rushed here after I said that I'd be alone with Hana" Tae said, his smirk only becoming bigger. "Right?"

Jimin tightened his grip on me taking me by surprise.

I have to admit that I loved the feeling of his body against mine. He's always so warm and it's really cozy to stay in his embrace like this.

"Wh-what? Why would I do that?" he stuttered.

I felt my heart drop at the sudden realization that Jimin wouldn't simply start liking me after one day.

"I don't know. Maybe because she's your girlfriend?" Tae asked again and failed to hold back a chuckle.

That's when I thought that it was the right moment to talk.

"Yes Jimin I'm y-your girlfriend" I tried to sound confident but failed terribly.

He suddenly let me go and stood up rubbing the back of his neck nervously. He cleared his throat before speaking again.

"I... I have to go" he said and turned his back. "Aren't you coming home Hana?" he asked avoiding to look at me before he extended his hand waiting for me to hold it.

My heart skipped a beat as I felt my confidence level rising rapidly and without thinking about it twice I placed my hand in his.

A/N

Hello again 😊
I thought that I would be too tired to update during my exam period but it turns out that writing helps me relax!
So expect the next chapter soon 😉

Shout out to butterflygrl98 for helping me with the childhood memory part 😊😄
Make sure to check out her book Wrecked (I'm team Namyoung✊)

MTFBWY