-4-

Hana's POV

First day at school was quite interesting since Taehyung was with us. He has a unique personality, I think that's what they call a 4D personality. Really sociable and cute, does or says random stuff out of the blue. I can tell how pure his intentions are though. It's evident in his eyes.

I'll probably get to know him better since he's  in the same class with Jimin and I. That of course depends on whether he wants to spend more time with us. I really hope he does.

"Hey" Jimin waved his hand at me.

"Hi" I gave him a smile as I waved back.

Our houses are right next to each other and my room happens to be opposite of his so we often chat with our windows open if the weather allows it. He sometimes even comes for a visit climbing on the tree betweet our rooms like a clumsy yet adorable monkey.

"Hana?" he said nervously and bit his lip before continuing. "I think... I think..." he paused probably trying to figure out the right words to speak out his thoughts.

For a good two minutes we only kept staring at each other through our windows. It was already dark outside and if it weren't for the dim light coming from our desk lamps we wouldn't be able to see each other.

But maybe that would have been better because I wouldn't have to be trying hard to hide my red cheeks from him right now.

The way he looked at me. It was as if he was about to confess his feelings and my heart skipped a beat simply at the thought of this ever happening.

"Y-you think what, jamless boy?" I said hoping that he hadn't noticed my stuttering.

"I think I'm in love..." he paused for a moment and I gulped.

'Could it actually be that he's-' my thoughts were interrupted when he started talking again.

"I met a girl today at the cafeteria. I think it's love at first sight" he said and his eye smile appeared.

He looked at me expecting for my reaction. Luckily, he couldn't make out that my eyes were starting to get watery so I tried to give him a smile. I tried my best to look as sincere as possible.

"I- I'm happy for you" I didn't say many words, my voice would break if I did.

But this is good, right? If Jimin finds someone he likes and ends up dating her, I'll... then I'll stop having these feelings for him. Yup, this is the best thing that could happen. Our relationship is really precious to both of us and this way I won't have to risk ruining it.

This is great. But why do I feel like I'm running out of oxygen? Why is it becoming more difficult to breath normally?

"I have to go. Mom is calling for dinner" I lied and closed the window after we bid goodnight.

I turned off every light in my room and sat on my bed. I'm not scared of staying in a dark room. It actually helps me clear my mind.

I hugged my knees and let a couple of tears stream down on my face.

"Haha. And I though he was going to confess to me for a moment" I said to myseld and tightened my grip around my legs.

It's been a really long time since I felt this lonely. It's  been years.

...9 years ago...

"This is the girl whose dad was imprisoned" a woman said to her friend and they both looked at Hana as if she was some kind of criminal. "We should keep our children away from their family" she continued and they walked away with their daughters.

How could they look at an innocent nine year old that way?

Hana continued playing with the hem of her dress pretending that she hadn't heard those women talking about her dad. But her little heart was deeply hurt. She needed Jimin as much as he needed her.

"Hana!!" the little boy was heard calling her name as he ran towards her direction.

The girl's face brightened after seeing her friend's smile. Jimin could help her forget everyone's rude, cold stares and comments about her dad, the man that she loved the most in the world.

"Chimin, you're here!" she exclaimed filled with enthusiasm before trapping him in her embrace.

Jimin was used to Hana's tight hugs. He really enjoyed them actually but he stubbornly didn't want the girl to know so he tried to act cool every time.

"Let's go to our kingdom" the little boy said and held the girl's hand gently making her feel safe.

Jimin never failed to heal the marks that the bad people always left on Hana's heart. That's why she felt so lucky she found him.

She didn't have to be alone anymore.