-14-

Jimin was standing at the back of the school waiting for the girl who asked him to meet him there.

He was curious about what she wanted to tell him when they barely knew each other so he decided to go and find out.

"Hi Jimin" the girl from his class waved and smiled after seeing that he actually did show up.

"Hey, so what did you want to talk about?" the boy asked totally ignorant to the girl's feelings.

She was already blushing and she nervously played with her fingers as she tried to find the courage to confess to Jimin.

But the only thing he had in his mind was that he had to be quick since Hana would be waiting for him at the school gate to return home.

"I-I wanted to tell you that..." the girl paused. "That I really like you and I want to ask you to go out with me" she said in one breath.

Jimin was taken aback. It never crossed his mind that his classmate would confess to him out of the blue.

He never thought of dating anyone before and there never was a girl that he liked that way.

Except for Hana of course. But he had decided to never ask Hana to be his girlfriend.

Jimin felt bad for thinking only about Hana when he was supposed to be thinking of what to answer to the girl standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry, Yerin but I'm not thinking about dating anyone" the boy said trying to sound as polite as possible. "We can be friends if you want"

He didn't want to hurt Yerin but there wasn't anything else he could do but reject her.

Tears gathered in the girl's eyes but she managed to put on her smile.

"I think I already new the answer but I still wanted to let you know my feelings" she said. "Can I ask you one more thing?"

"Sure" Jimin said after checking the time on his watch.

"You like Hana don't you?" she asked.

Yerin had a feeling that Jimin didn't see Hana as his childhood friend only and when she noticed the deep shade of red covering the boy's cheeks after she mentioned Hana, she was sure that her assumption was true.

"N-No, I don't" Jimin stuttered. "I have to go now Yerin. Talk to you tomorrow" he said and ran to the gate before Hana could leave alone.

"TELL HER JIMIN" Yerin shouted and she chuckled when the boy started running even faster after hearing her.

...3 years later...

Taehyung's POV

"Why do you look so down?" I asked Hana and slightly hit her side with my elbow. "Did someone hurt you? Who is it?" I asked leaning my face closer to take a better look at her. 

We were sitting at the school cafeteria waiting for Jimin to have our lunch. 

"It's nothing Tae. I'm okay" she said but didn't sound convincing at all.

"Hmm really?" I asked raising an eyebrow in disbelief. "Then why aren't you smiling like always?" 

I placed my index fingers on the sides of my lips lifting them up to form a smile hoping that she'd chuckle but she wasn't even looking at me, she was busy playing with her food.

"Hey" I tried to catch her attention but to no avail.

I sneekily put my hands near her ready to do the only thing I could think of to make her laugh. And then I suddenly ran my fingers on her sides tickling her. She was taken by surprise and finally started giggling as she tried to push me away.

"You look prettier when you smile" the words slipt out of my mouth before I could realize it.

Mentally face palming myself for making it awkward between us I looked away and cleared my throat.

"If there's someone making you sad please tell me. I'll make sure they regret it" I said and waited for her answer.

She looked at me, her mouth opening for a mere moment but she stayed silent. There was obviously something troubling her but she wasn't ready to talk about it.

And I was almost sure who the person to blame was when I saw the boy walking towards our table. 

"Jimin!" Hana called and waved her hand.

Of course it was Jimin. It's always been Jimin.

He threw a glare at me before grabbing Hana's hand pulling her away with him.

"Ugh damn it!" I cursed under my breath. "This hurts more than I thought it would"

Hana's POV

Jimin's grip tightened on my hand as he kept pulling me with him on our way to the rooftop.

"Wait Jimin! Wait for Taehyung" I said trying to make him stop but he kept walking up the stairs. "Jimin!" I called one more time but we had already reached the top of the staircase leaving Tae alone at the cafeteria.

"W-What? Aren't we supposed to be eating together? Only the two of us" he said looking anywhere but my eyes. "I'm y-your boyfriend not Taehyung" he almost whispered making my heart skip a beat.

'Could... Could it be that he's starting to feel the same way I do?' I thought to myself getting my hopes up.

My eyes followed him as he walked towards the wall and sat on the ground. I couldn't hold back a smile when he patted the spot next to him asking me to sit down.

~~~~~~~~~

"Jimin" I called as we were on our way back home after school. "Let's go on a date" I said sure that my cheeks had already turned red.

He took a moment before giving me an answer.

"I- I have... I have homework to do today" he said but it looked more like an excuse.

I couldn't afford losing the chance to spend time with him. Every hour was precious and I was running out of time. I only had four days left.

"What about tomorrow?" I asked and took a step on my left getting a little closer to him.

"Umm I have to study again" he said and started walking faster.

I found it hard to keep up with his pace. I ended up staying behind and I ran to reach him only to stay behind again after a few steps.

I was trying to stay by his side when I felt his hand holding mine.

"You could just ask me to slow down idiot" he said tightening his grip.

"But this feels so much better" I said and chuckled before intertwining my fingers with his.

"Let's study together! If not today, then tomorrow for sure. Yup, I'll come over tomorrow after lunch" I said not giving him the chance to refuse.

He let out a sigh and nodded.

We had already reached our neighbourhood and I still didn't want to let go of his hand. But I had to.

"This is not going to be sudden because I'm telling you first so I'm not breaking my promise" I said and he turned to look at me with a puzzled expression. "I'm going to kiss you now" I said and wrapped my arms around his neck in an instant.

He automatically lifted his hand to cover his mouth but I was aiming for his chubby cheek.

I kissed him goodbye and ran inside. I needed to calm my heart again.

Tomorrow. I have to do my best tomorrow!