-3-

"Do you like flowers Hana?" Jimin asked with his hands behind his back trying to hide the present he had prepared for his friend.

"I love them!" the little girl exclaimed as she jumped in the air to show how much she likes flowers.

Jimin smiled feeling relieved after finding out her answer. She wouldn't have liked what he spent all morning making if she didn't like flowers.

"I'm happy! Can you close your eyes for a minute?" the boy asked and Hana nodded as she started feeling excited.

She tried to peek as she was waiting with her eyes closed but Jimin noticed her and giggled.

"Haha don't cheat" he said and Hana covered her eyes with her hands, a cute chuckle escaping from her lips.

Jimin looked at what he had prepared for a moment hoping that she'll like it and he'll get to see her pretty smile one more time. Feeling a little shy he placed the flower crown on her head as gently as possible.

 Feeling a little shy he placed the flower crown on her head as gently as possible

"Y-You can open them now" Jimin stuttered feeling nervous to see her reaction.

Hana openened her eyes and blinked a few times. She lifted her hand and her lips slowly formed into a warm smile as she carefully run her fingers along the flower crown.

"Thank you for showing me your kingdom" Jimin said and extended his hand to the backyard of Hanas house. "But I noticed that you don't have a crown and... and a queen needs one so..." the little boy bit his lower lip shyly and played with his fingers. "So I wanted to make one for you. But you don't have to keep it if you don't like it" he said, his voice becoming weaker after every word, a sign of his confidence slowly fading away.

Without a warning, Hana took a step and wrapped her arms tightly around Jimin. She started giggling making the boy feel flustered before he hugged her back.

"I love it Chimin! I'm going to keep this forever" the girl said happily before breaking the hug. "But can I ask you something?" she said being a bit hesitant and took a deep breath before continuing. "Will you be my king?"

After finally asking the question Hana s face flushed red and she immediately placed her palms over her cheeks to hide her embarrassed expression from Jimin. She blushed an even deeper shade when she realized that her friend's cheeks matched hers in color.

"I- I'd love that" Jimin said and both of them looked at their feet hiding their shy smiles.

...9 years later...

Hana s POV

"So you're from Daegu? You're a transfer student?" Jimin asked Taehyung and he nodded with a friendly smile.

Oh that explains his accent. It's different from the satoori we use in Busan.

"You can come to us if you need anything since you're new here" I said to help him feel more comfortable in his attempt to adjust in the new environment.

"Yay! Thanks so much! Let's be friends" he said and placed his arms around Jimin s and my neck.

"Haha, sure" I answered before chuckling at how cute he acted.

I could already tell that V was an amazing person and it would be fun to hang out with him. Jimin seemed to like him too. His eye smile was plastered on his face since V introduced himself.

"Hana?" V turned to face me suddenly. "Is Jimin your boyfriend?" he asked out of the blue, his expression turning serious as he waited for my reply.

I was taken aback for a moment. I just stood there with my mouth slightly open ready to give him my answer but I just couldn't think of the right words to say. My heart was beating faster as they both stared at me.

"Haha, no. Hana and I are childhood friends" Jimin answered in my place as he wrapped his right hand around my shoulder.

What he said was the truth of course but why did I feel so hurt after hearing him? It was getting harder for me to breath normally as I tried for my smile to look genuine.

"Great!" V exclaimed. "That means I can hug you freely and express my thoughts and feelings about you whenever I want" he said cheerfully.

"Umm y-yeah I guess" I stuttered being surprised by his reaction.

"Then..." he paused for a moment to hold my hand. "You're really beautiful Hana"

"I-I... Thank you V" I said, sure that I was already blushing.

Jimin, who had been staying silent all this time, cleared his throat catching our attention.

"We... we have to head to class now or we'll be late on our first day" he said and we agreed.

He didn't wait for me. He simply started walking ahead while V and I started following a few steps behind him.